Vitamin C Intravenous in Canada

Vitamin C Intravenous in Canada

Posted by paty_mcn on Apr 2, 2018 8:07 am

Hi.
We read so many positive articles related to Vitamin C Intravenous therapy and we want to try it.

Our uncle was diagnosed with Cancer 4 and the doctor recommended him treatment with Vitamin C IV 30 grams per day + Vitamin B17 Capsules.

Can someone tell us where to buy?

Thanks

Re: Vitamin C Intravenous in Canada

Posted by changes on Apr 2, 2018 9:27 am

Hi paty_mcn‍ -

My wife is doing it at the Marsden Clinic (Dufferin and Rutherfood - near-ish to Wonderland).  I believe she said recently that there's another clinic, Urban Integrative IV and Detox Clinic, near Yonge/Bloor (downtown) that has it as well.  

Those are the only two that we are currently aware of. Hopefully those locations work for you!

Posted by paty_mcn on Apr 8, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello.
Thank you very much for your informations.
Finally we find a european supplier of Vitamin C IV. Here in Canada the price of Vit C IV is so huge.
My uncle started the treatment and we hope to have good results.
We will keep you updated.
We wish you all the best.

Posted by changes on Apr 9, 2018 9:57 am

Hi paty_mcn‍ 

may I ask which country you're buying from? My wife purchased from Germany but it was only slightly cheaper when you factored in shipping.

Was the doctor that recommended the Vitaminc C an oncologist (conventional cancer doctor)?  

All the best with your uncle's healing journey!

Posted by paty_mcn on Apr 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello.
The oncologist recommended us to start asap this alternative therapy with Vitamin C IV.
We are buying from Romania and we paid 30USD$ for each IV Vial 100mL (10grams Ascorbic Acid) + shipping Europe to Canada.
For Vitamin B17 Natural we paid 60USD$ pack of 150 capsules.
Thank you too.

Posted by bert_flo on Apr 21, 2018 2:05 am

Hi.
paty_mcn
We need also Vitamin C IV.
‍could you give us the supplier's page...phone?
It is so hard to find here in Canada...
Blessings.
Berta 

Posted by WendyC on Apr 23, 2018 2:30 am

When I was first diagnosed my sister suggested I do IV Vit C,   I talked to my dr about it but it would interfear with the type of treatment I'm on. I didn't get a chance to look into it but it sounds interesting.   I' am surprised the oncologist didn't have somewhere to refer you to when they suggested it. If you order it in who does the IV for him?  I hope you're able to get it staightened out and that it's helpful for your uncle.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Apr 23, 2018 10:03 am

WendyC‍ 

You bring up an important point I wanted to highlight.

It is important for people to talk to their Oncologist and medical team about any additional treatment, medications, or therapies you plan on trying to make sure it does not interfere with your treatment.

Well wishes to all,
Lacey

Posted by paty_mcn on Apr 25, 2018 1:08 am

Hello.
bert_flo‍ 

I'm not sure that is allowed to share links but i will share it anyway...
I know how hard it is to need a medicine and not find it...
Here it is their blog and also their contact

vitamincvial.blogspot.com

Best regards.

Posted by DavidB on Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey thank you for the link! It shouldn't be this complicated to get IV solutions of C!!!

I'm just wondering, in practice how do you inject the Vitamin C IV solution?

Do you get a nurse or your doctor to do it? Do you go to a clinic? Or at home?

I'm asking because it's not clear what to do and self-injection is not a good idea.

Thanks

David

Posted by bpio on Nov 21, 2019 10:11 am

strange that this thread has stopped and no one anwsered last post regarding iv administration and injection

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Nov 22, 2019 8:50 am

bpio‍ , it’s possible that this thread was abandoned due to another one that was posted. We had quite a debate about vitamin C here on the site about that time, when someone passed along information about using high doses of Vitamin C to treat a specific cancer. 

Lacey_adminCCS’‍s post  (3 down from your own) pretty well sums it up. (Lacey is one of our site administrators.) 

When my Dad started chemo, he was told not to take Vitamin C, or other “antioxidant supplements” like turmeric paste.  Antioxidants counteract what the chemotherapy is designed to do. Dad’s doctor said he could still eat curry, and eat an orange or two, but to lay off the supplements. 

I also observe that one of the later posts in this thread had someone posting a link, not knowing if it “is allowed” or not so it’s quite probable that the individual was privately advised “or not.”

Cancer Connection is a support service. We don’t give (and aren’t qualified to provide) medical advice, or recommendations about treatments, physicians, or facilities. We advise that everyone’s cancer is different, and while we share personal experiences, everyone reacts differently, and it’s important to heed the expertise of one’s medical team. 

You are welcome to tell us more about yourself. There are people here who can offer good advice and strategies to help you cope with what you are going through.

Posted by Peony on Nov 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Shortly after I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer I was told the same thing by my oncologist: No anti-oxidant vitamins. The palliative care I receive includes seeing a dietician who helps me maintain a nutrient rich diet.