+ Reply
14 days since CT scan and still no results
Sassy53
26 Posts

I have high grade stage 1a carsinosarcoma endometrial cancer. Radical hysterectomy Sept 14 2022 , no spread , all contained in the lining. As a result, Gyno Onc said no need for further treatment. This is an aggressive rare cancer. The rest of the world recommends chemo and radiation regardless of stage or spread and CT scan every 3 months. Here in BC they think it is not necessary and only check up needed every 3 months for the first year. And CT scan if there are symptoms
so in the meantime I have had pain and pressure in vagina and went in for a check over. Oncologist didn’t feel it was cancer related but did order a CT scan for a “post Surgery baseline “
in the meantime it has been 2 weeks since my CT
just wondering if anyone eles here has this type of cancer and what type of after treatment have they had
Also have they had any complications of the surgery and how long have they waited for test results

8 Replies
ACH2015
2545 Posts

@Sassy53

Hi Sassy,

I did a search and two members here report having Carcinosarcoma of the breast - not the uterus. I am going to tag @DianeEll and @JoannB for you, although their posts were from 2019.

I hope this helps.

Keep well

ACH2015

ACH2015
2545 Posts

@Sassy53

I am also tagging @Sheepy who reports the same type of cancer, but endometrial. Below is a link to her post in Uterine Cancer Forums.

@Nana1 also reports having uterine carcinosarcoma.

https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/76/72915

https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/76/72915#p390731

Keep well

ACH2015

Sassy53
26 Posts

@ACH2015
I wAs told uterine and endometrial cancer were the same. I edited my post as mine was endometrial

JustJan
1905 Posts

@Sassy53 when you say no results - do you mean from the oncologist or access to them on-line? I know at our facility scan results are not available on-linefor 21 days which allows the doctors to have a chance to review. Do you have a followup booked with the oncologist? If not, you may want to consider calling their office.

Sassy53
26 Posts

@JustJan:

@Sassy53 when you say no results - do you mean from the oncologist or access to them on-line? I know at our facility scan results are not available on-linefor 21 days which allows the doctors to have a chance to review. Do you have a followup booked with the oncologist? If not, you may want to consider calling their office.

Sassy53
26 Posts

@Sassy53

i have not received any results from the Oncologist at the Cancer clinic.

Lennette
2 Posts
i have high grade endometrial cancer classified as dedifferentiated and undiffereentiated i have had 6 rounds of chemo and am now scheduled for 25 rounds of rdiation i was stage 1a so i why the difference i treatment
ssalmon
4 Posts

Hi @Lennette - just saw this post. I was diagnosed with high grade serous uterine cancer in June 2022. I was also Stage 1a and had a radical hysterectomy and 3 brachytherapy treatments to catch any stray cells. No chemo was recommended at that stage. I'm in the US and my doctors follow the recommendations of the NCCN, which as of last year removed the chemo from the preferred treatment list for Stage 1a. They have since (this past December) added it back as an option. My doctor says that the data this was based on didn't change, but of course everyone is resistant to and nervous about change. But the data showed that at Stage 1a chemo did not improve chances of survival. So I'm trusting my doctor and trying to stay positive. Hope you received good results from your CT scan and are feeling better. Sue

+ Reply