PATIENT/SURVIVOR/CAREGIVER REVIEWER PROGRAM
What is the CCS Patient/Survivor/Caregiver Reviewer Program?
This program engages members of the community from across the country to participate in the peer review process as lay members of panels that review applications for research funding, providing them an opportunity to have a valued and empowered voice in shaping the way research funding decisions are made.
Patient/survivor/caregiver reviewers are currently sought for the Emerging Scholar Awards panel. The Emerging Scholar Awards program is aimed at establishing and advancing promising early career scientists and clinician scientists from across Canada with a focused commitment to undertaking cancer research.
- Reviewers will be assigned 4-6 applications to review, assessing them for relevance to cancer and impact of the award on the applicant’s career development and their commitment to mentorship and building research capacity within their province.
- Must be able to attend the virtual panel meeting on February 11, 2021 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm ET).
- Must have the necessary technology to access the online grants management platform and participate in a virtual meeting (computer and internet connection).
- Must have the confidence to participate in the panel discussion to share assessment of the applications assigned to them.
- NOTE: Panel meetings are conducted in English only.