Making time in your day or just finding the desire to be active may not seem that important when you’re living with cancer. But it’s worth the effort. There are many ways that being active during and after treatment helps both mind and body. Being active during treatment can:
- improve your sleep and appetite
- lower your blood pressure
- reduce stress and anxiety
- ease side effects like nausea, pain and fatigue
- boost your self-esteem and improve your quality of life
- How often are you physical active?
- What type of activity works best for you?