September Dates

September Dates

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 14, 2020 10:50 am

Hello Everyone,

Anyone milestones or important dates to share for the month of September?

For example:
Birthdays
Anniversaries
Cancer-versaries
Finishing treatment
Follow-ups

Share below!

Lacey

Re: September Dates

Posted by Brighty on Sep 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi Lacey_adminCCS‍ !a very special  boy's birthday on September  24th.    Vinnie will be 9 years old!!!!!!
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Brighty‍ he is a youthful boy for 9!

Posted by Runner Girl on Sep 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi Lacey_adminCCS‍ 
My September important dates are:
September 1 - my cats - Cali and Diego turned 13, this day was also my Dad's birthday - he would have been 81 but passed in 2013 from lung cancer
September 8 - my best friend and my former boss's birthdays and the day I received the offer for my new job
September 14 - Archer's birthday (63) - the wonderful man in my life
September 21 - my first day of my new job!!!

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Brighty on Sep 14, 2020 2:11 pm

I forgot to mention  my brother  and sister  in law's birthday.   My sister  in law is tomorrow  and my brother is Sept 21.     Dan's daughter  was Sept 6.    The little old lady in my building  is today and my grandmother was Sept. 22..... she would have been 110 or something  like thst lol.    

Posted by Nicky01 on Sep 14, 2020 3:53 pm

For me it is and will be every year from now on September 17/ 2020  I am leaving tomorrow morning, going out of town for my lung cancer surgery!!
Resilience! Today is a new day...I will make the most of it!! Nicky

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Nicky01‍ - Safe travels all the best!

Posted by Brighty on Sep 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Best of luck with your surgery  Nicky01‍! 

Posted by Grieving daughter on Sep 15, 2020 8:16 am

Hi everyone 

September is always busy for us, 
My lil ones 7th bday was Sep 6th, always at start of school. This year we're waiting to start online, which is supposed to start tmrw for grade 2 but no info on that yet! 

Sep 7th will always be a day bc we visited my Dad at his house for my son's bday and I got what would be the last picture of the 2 of them, and it's a beautiful one of them hugging and my dad kissing him on the side of his head. Dad still looked pretty well. Its a favourite. 

My bday was Sep 9th

Sep 26th my Dad went into the hospital with breathing trouble and crashed pretty fast over the next week, he would never come home. 

Sep 28th we had an interment for my Grandfather who had died a few months earlier (of old age) and we had been trying to get it 'done' but hadn't yet. It was my Dad who called it to be on Sep 28th, he couldn't make it being in the hospital. It was his own Dad. The day before I hugged Dad and told him we'd do Grandad proud. And I said we'd do you proud too Dad. He hugged me and said You always do sweetie. 
That ended up to be the last conversation I had with him. Dad stopped talking after that and fell into a state between sleeping and agitation. And died a week later. 

Already anticipating October 7th, the day Dad died. And Oct. 12th, Thanksgiving weekend, when we did his funeral and interment. We had 2 funerals in 3 weeks. For our 2 patriarchs. 
My son said yesterday while we're driving out of nowhere "I miss Grandad". The time is really setting in. 

Lots of memories happening now. 
​​​​

Posted by Essjay on Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am

I have a birthday on 27th...turning 52...

Planning to go canoe camping - it’s our annual last hurrah before the water temperatures get too cool!
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 15, 2020 9:27 am

Grieving daughter‍ 

Thanks for sharing! September is busy and full of memories for you. 

You and your Dad's last words were beautiful. I bet you are still making him proud. 

I remember when my Dad first passed my oldest was four and she talked about him constantly, at the time I found it so difficult. Fast forward to today I love when she surprises me and talks about him. Grief changes overtime.

Wishing everyone a smooth transition back to school!

Lacey

Posted by Carjac87 on Sep 15, 2020 2:13 pm

September 25th I will be an honest-to-goodness official Senior Citizen.....let the sales begin!  😂👵

September 30 will be 3 years since my hysterectomy for endometrial cancer....so far, so good!  👍
~Don't sweat the small stuff~ Jacquie

Posted by Whitelilies on Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Lacey_Moderator‍ Hello
You ask the BEST questions.....
September to me.......I am HOPING that on Sept 28th,2020 I will CONTINUE to be showing NO SIGNS of recurrence.
September 28th 2018 was my surgery date, to remove tumour.
So; ALMOST at 2 year mark, not quite there.

Sept 25th, next week, is CT scan.

Here we go .....again......Prayers Up !

Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by Brighty on Sep 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Crossing  my fingers for you Miss Lilly .  Please keep us updated Whitelilies‍! !!!!!

Posted by Nicky01 on Sep 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Grieving daughter‍  Yes indeed a lot of memories for you for this month, Some happy ones and some very sad ones...happy belated birthdays to you and your son. 
Trough out all that sadness you are also blessed with some wonderful and fond memories of your father and grandfather, the sadness never quite go away but it does get easier with time and as time goes by you will I hope remember more of the good memories and less of the bad ones, I know that’s the way it has been for me after loosing my dad 10 years ago then my mom 5 years ago. You will always miss them dearly specially in September but your feelings of sadness over time should change and it will I hope get better!! Wishing you and your son the best with his online learning!!
Resilience! Today is a new day...I will make the most of it!! Nicky

Posted by Lianne_Moderator on Sep 15, 2020 4:57 pm

I was reminded this past Sunday ( sept 13th ) that it was 10 years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer.. Happy to have that in the rear view mirror and know how far I have come from those dark days.
And to celebrate, I get to have a colonsocopy on the 22nd 🙄

Lianne