Mom Diagnosed - Stage 1 Lung Cancer

Re: Mom Diagnosed - Stage 1 Lung Cancer

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Dec 16, 2019 8:56 pm

The emotional side effects you describe, mitsey‍ , could be directly related to the anaesthetic.

My friend’s mother “went akilter” after a recent surgery. She started rambling, and got quite snappy with the family. When her daughter said she’d be back in an hour, Mom decided to call a DIL, who wasn’t TOLD the daughter would be back shortly, and the DIL called an ambulance. They had a fun morning!

So, keep an eye on your symptoms, and certainly mention them to your surgeon at your follow-up visit.

Have a good Holiday, knowing that your surgery is behind you. I wish you all the best.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Re: Mom Diagnosed - Stage 1 Lung Cancer

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Dec 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks for the update mitsey‍ 

Two notes:
  1. Name tags are pretty cool. Type an @ (ampersand for those technically minded). Then begin to type the nickname of the people that you want to tag. After three letters a dropdown should appear with a few suggestions. Select the one you want or keep adding letters to narrow down the options. If you do that then we get an email notifying us that someone is talking behind our backs...
  2. The tags thing at the bottom is different. It is a way of describing what the post is about, really categorizing it. We don't use it much here that I'm aware of. I do it so that it will make search easier and in case someday it gets added to the functionality of the site. That's the comma thing at the bottom.
Are they talking chemo or radiation followup?

Angus

My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca