My sister is clear of any signs! Huge relief!!

My sister is clear of any signs! Huge relief!!

Posted by Aries on Mar 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello,

Today, my sister had a Colonoscopy and a Gastrology screening to ensure she does not have anything unknowingly growing like I did. To my huge relief she was given the all clear - I feel so  emotional about it, I tear up just thinking of it. She is my little sister, my only sibling, she's 38 (so not so little really). I just couldn't imagine what  I would have done if something was wrong with her too.
She is hoping to come over to visit in a couple of weeks; I have to see when my chemo is going to start and we'll go from there. She lives in England.
Just sharing this because I realised how much family plays such a part in our own roller coaster ride and I thought this was also a positive story to share.
I hope your family members have become more involved in their own self care - being diagnosed, you realise how much we take for granted with our health. I thought I was a pretty healthy 40 year old until a month ago!

Positive Vibes to you all!!

Re: My sister is clear of any signs! Huge relief!!

Posted by Kims1961 on Mar 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Aries‍   Thank you for sharing....this is wonderful news!!!

The good news about being a healthy 40 yr old - is that it will help you with cancer treatment.  I thought I was a healthy 56 yr old - until the cancer diagnosis - but then I realized - I'm just a healthy 56 yr. old getting treated for cancer. So many aspects of being healthy - eating well, exercise, mental health awareness - are all key areas that will aid you through treatment.

Thank you for sharing your awesome news.  Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by cancertakesflight on Mar 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Sometimes we worry more for other people than ourselves. Although I wouldn't like to find out that I had a recurrence (knock on wood), I would be just devastated if someone in my family was diagnosed with cancer. I'm glad to hear about your sister because her good news is your good news. It will also help you to have a great state of mind while you are undergoing treatment. 

cancertakesflight (Debbie)
Laughter is a lifestyle choice. www.laughterandcancer.com/blog

Posted by Aries on Mar 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Kims1961‍   - so true, it's all in the mindset. I am just a healthy 40 year old - actually 41 as of yesterday!! - who is about to start chemo for stage 4 cancer. Cancer will NOT define me!

cancertakesflight‍ - so true too - I hadn't realised how much I was worried about her until today so yes, I will cherish the news and it will definitely help me. My sister has two very young sons, and I chose not to be a parent so I while I am not happy to be in my situation, I am happy she does not have to go through what I will be going through.

Posted by ChristineH on Mar 26, 2019 6:25 am

Congratulations to your sister, you, and your family! What an amazing news!!!
“Never a horse, always a zebra”

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Mar 26, 2019 9:12 am

Aries‍ 

Thanks for sharing this good news with us. I hope your sister makes it out for that visit soon and you enjoy each others company.

Lacey