+ Reply
Do you experience cancer-related fatigue?
CRFstudy
3 Posts

Hi everyone,

My name is Nicole Rutkowski. I am a PhD Candidate at the University of Ottawa. We are recruiting for a new program we developed for cancer-related fatigue. Our 3rd group starts Tuesday, Oct 4th-Oct 25th from 10-11:30AM. See below for more information, if you are interested in participating!

Have you been feeling tired after completing your cancer treatment? Cancer-related fatigue (CrF) is a common and debilitating symptom that individuals with cancer experience during and post-treatment. The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation and University of Ottawa will be conducting a 4-week virtual research group in 2022 that incorporates cognitive behaviour therapy and physical activity to give you the tools to better manage and reduce your fatigue.

What will I learn in the group?

• You will learn all the latest information on CrF and what may be contributing to your fatigue.
  • How to use relaxation techniques and self-compassion to reduce emotional and physical stress that can contribute to feeling tired.
  • The importance of physical activity and how to set achievable goals for yourself.
  • How to identify and challenge unhelpful thinking patterns.
  • How to improve sleep, your mood, and reach out for social support.

Is this program for me?

• Are you an adult (18+)?
  • Have you received a cancer diagnosis and completed your treatment?
  • Do you experience cancer-related fatigue?
  • Live in Ontario or Gatineau, QC

If you answered yes to all four than this program may be for you!

For more information, contact us at CRFstudy@uottawa.ca or follow-us on Twitter @CRFstudy

c077944a4d71597efd36ed680b6f7c9e-huge-oc
Replies
+ Reply