+ Reply
Care after Melanoma
Lap60
2 Posts

I am a 60 year woman recently diagnosed with Superficial Spreading Melanoma. Cancer has been surgery removed from my back as well as three lymph nodes from my underarm. The biopsy showed my lymph nodes were negative for metastatic melanoma and no further treatment is required other than follow up in 6 months. Struggling with recovery of the lymph nodes- trying massage therapy but still having pain and that feeling my breast is engorged. It has been two months since my surgery….open to any suggestions

4 Replies
DMT
124 Posts

@Lap60

You might want to try some sort of compression garment. I get pain and swelling in my upper arm and side/back torso after lymph node removal for breast cancer. A compression sleeve works for my arm and a compression camisole works for my torso. I got the camisole from wearease.com .

@Lap60

May I ask when was your surgery?

Lap60
2 Posts

May 28

lilou
6 Posts

@Lap60

I had my surgery 2 days before you - a melanoma removed from my lower back as well as a lymph node from each groin. It's only now that I see some improvement in the amount of swelling. However I still have some on the side of my back and on along my lower abdomen. I'm luckier than you in that I have no pain. Maybe someone here can give us a general idea of how long the swelling should last.

+ Reply