+ Reply
Your teeth CAN survive head+neck radiation
law1
584 Posts

Let's hear it for my Fantabulously skilled and gentle Oncology Dentist……

Knowing the destructive effects upon my molars and gums from the effects of (successful) radiation for my tongue cancer, he knew not to extract my wisdom teeth which is highly ill advised as necrosis can result…He was able to save them by filling the carries and removing the diseased portion of the gum. What a relief to have found him as recommended by my BC Cancer Centre - Victoria.

I recall writing to everyone on this site for advice and I am grateful for all the wisdom shared relating to my particular situation. Thank you to all. 😁

law1

8 Replies
Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@law1

So glad it worked out so well!! 😁

Runner Girl

law1
584 Posts

Thanks, @Runner Girl …. I, too am glad! How are things with you?

law1

Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@law1

Things with me are ok. Had my crown installed last week on the tooth that broke in March. The spot on my back is not cancerous. My boy cat, Diego, is doing better on meds for his back pain. Thanks for asking!

Runner Girl

law1
584 Posts

WoW---glad the crowned tooth is behaving and the spot is not a worry. Diego must feel better,too. So, we are both fortunate these days, eh? It's good to hear good news.

Ciao for now,

law1

Whitelilies
1475 Posts

@law1 Hi….I am happy it all worked out well……

(To be honest….I have never heard of an Oncology Dentist…..so thank you, for sharing….and I have learned…..so much…..from everyone).

Yeah 4 Good News.

Whitelilies

law1
584 Posts

@Whitelilies , quite frankly, I invented the title for myself when I describe his dental practice to like-minded folks. He works with quite a few oral cancer survivors/ patients in Victoria….so I just put the Oncology title before the word Dentist. He is the only dentist so familiar with oncology and he currently is researching the connection between HPV and oral cancers. He is a rare find!! Unfortunately, he is soon retiring.

Hope all is well with you and the boys,

law1

JamesT
440 Posts

@law1 Great to hear it worked out so well….:)

law1
584 Posts

Thanks, @JamesT .Good to hear from you…..hope all is well and you are remaining healthy!

law1

+ Reply