2ee856da226308bb0c737c7c5a324c7b-huge-ex

For more information:
Email: wellnesslab@ucalgary.ca
Visit: https://www.ucalgary.ca/healthandwellnesslab/research/excel

Re: Excel- Free exercise for cancer survivors

Posted by ashcon on Sep 8, 2020 10:35 am

Lacey_adminCCS‍ 
This is marvellous! 
I take part in a similar program called Wellfit in my area, offered in partnership between University of Waterloo and Grand River Cancer Centre.
This program kept me sane and healthy through my cancer treatments. Post treatments, I still go, though pay a small fee now. Very much worth it!!! 
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 8, 2020 11:09 am

ashcon‍ 

So glad to hear your feedback on important programs like this! I hope others will give it a try ☺

Posted by supersu on Sep 9, 2020 1:14 pm

Lacey_adminCCS‍ 

THANK YOU so much for this post
I am registered for the FREE exercise 12 weeks study here in Edmonton

I am excited to participate in this and look forward to the benefits of exercise after the long DIY COVID Cancer experience!

cheers
su

Posted by jobo on Sep 9, 2020 3:38 pm

I'd like to mention another free online group exercise program that has kept me moving and sane during this long lockdown: https://movingforlife.org/classes/

Moving for Life was founded in 1999 and has been offering live classes for cancer survivors in New York City, but moved online shortly after the lockdowns (I hope they continue online even after things open up!).  They offer at least one class a day (some days up to three), led by certified instructors.  Classes are somewhat different depending on the background and proclivities of the instructors, but they do share some basic similarities and I almost always find I feel better after a class than I did before it. . 

Right now their class schedule looks a bit different from normal because they are in the midst of a fund-raising move-a-thon, But all classes shown in red are part of their normal offerings.