Zoledronic Treatment Today

Zoledronic Treatment Today

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Jul 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Today I had my Zoledronic Acid Infusion treatment.  It's been six months since my last treatment and that was pre Covid times.  I'm glad I was safely able to have my treatment today and it went really smoothly.  I got my blood test done the day before.  I completely forgot what a punch the Zoledronic Drip delivers to my system! After I got home, I felt like I'd just got hit by a truck.  I recalled how I used to feel after chemo.  Of course, that lasted a lot longer.  I'm feeling better now.  I won't have another treatment until Jan., 2021...how wow! Let's hope and pray the Covid pandemic is gone by then.

Re: Zoledronic Treatment Today

Posted by Essjay on Jul 21, 2020 10:36 am

scaredysquirrel‍ glad the Zoledronic acid is working for you. I’ve decided to stop. I had three sessions (every six months like you) and each one hit my system hard. I lose the time for the infusion plus three days of feeling incredibly wiped out, achy, head ache, and then I have to take it easy for another two days. I decided that it’s not worth it. I need my post-cancer life to move on from treatment and feeling rough.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Re: Zoledronic Treatment Today

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Jul 21, 2020 8:05 pm

I know what you mean.  I'm still feeling a little wobbly today and Zoledronic brain fog.  I haven't much energy today, but no where to go anyway.  I can't imagine what it would be like if I still had to go to work.  Maybe I did make the right decision to retire.  My life is pretty dull these days, especially thanks to the Covid restrictions, but it would be anyway, my husband has a bad heart and no energy either.  We are a fine pair!  I'm hoping to make a day trip over to Nanimo next week to visit my sister.  At least it will be one trip.  At least I won't have to have another treatment until Jan., by then I will have forgotten what this is like, 😁