Post cancer monitoring/ care during coronavirus

Re: Post cancer monitoring/ care during coronavirus

Posted by Essjay on Oct 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Just wanted to update, and because good news needs to be shared...

It’s been a stressful week, but I made it through a breast MRI, and had my in-person oncology visit today. No signs of cancer in the breasts or nodes , exam was good, and I’m now discharged to the care of my new family doctor (registered with her yesterday) with a survivorship plan and orders for six-monthly exams and annual mammograms plus annual MRIs. No more visits to oncology, so I feel I’ve passed a milestone!

I know every scan and exam will bring with it a little scanxiety and fear that there is something there, but I’m doing my best to live my best life post-cancer.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by ashcon on Oct 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Big congratulations Essjay‍ on not only these "good news" test results and being released from oncology, but also on securing a family doctor!
The grief and stress of this week was like the one final, painful last kilometer of your run to get you over that finish line, yes? 
I sincerely hope you are celebrating. 
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by MCoaster on Oct 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Essjay‍   Such good news.    Hope that you have lots of plans to celebrate 🎉.

MCoaster

Posted by Kims1961 on Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Essjay‍ YAHOO!!!  Thank you for sharing your good news.

I hope you can get out for a celebratory run today - with a little jump for joy in the middle?

Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Oct 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Essjay

Such a big milestone thanks for sharing with us 😊