Had a Bad Fall

Had a Bad Fall

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Apr 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Nothing cancer related, but last Monday, I was just stepping in to the bathtub to have a shower and I slipped on the bath mat and landed on my right arm.  I really did a number on myself.  My husband had to take me to ER to get checked out.  I was there for 4 hours.  I had X-rays and a Tetanus shot.  I had a huge gash on my right foot.  I'm okay now, I did not break any bones, but my shoulder and arm were in agony for a few days.  I guess we need to safety proof our bathtub.  The ER was not as busy as usual because everyone is staying away due to Covid.  I was kind of glad, I didn't have to wait very long to get registered.  

Re: Had a Bad Fall

Posted by Brighty on Apr 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Oh gosh scaredysquirrel‍ ! Sorry to hear that !hope you are ok! 
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by cancertakesflight on Apr 26, 2020 9:25 pm

scaredysquirrel‍ I'm glad to hear this story is not cancer related but I'm sorry to hear about your fall. It's sad when you say that the ER wasn't crowded but you still had to wait for 4 hours.

I'm glad nothing is broken. 

It's great to hear from you, although it would have been better to do so under other circumstances.

Take care of yourself.  I'd say more but I have to go and Debbie-proof my bathroom.

cancertakesflight aka Debbie
Laughter is a lifestyle choice. www.laughterandcancer.com/blog

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Apr 26, 2020 10:10 pm

scaredysquirrel‍ 

Glad you're okay. Those bath mats can be sneaky. 

Thanks for reporting your ER experience too. I'm hearing a lot of stories about people reluctant to go to ER. If you need to go - GO! They are trained and set up to take care of you and your safety. If your fear is covid-19 you are much more likely to get it from your hair stylist - looking at you Saskatchewan and Manitoba!

Angus
My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Apr 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks everyone, yes I'm much better today than last Monday.  I must safety proof the bathtub.  I actually wouldn't mind taking the tub out and just making it a shower when we do our renovations.  We have a deep tub in our master bathroom, so don't really need this one.  It's a small bathroom and I hate cleaning the tub, it has a sliding door I constantly find annoying getting in and out of the tub or cleaning it.  

Posted by Lauren55 on Apr 27, 2020 11:21 pm

scaredysquirrel‍ Hi, so sorry to hear you had a bad fall.  I am however glad to hear you are not broken.  I am happy to see you are still online.  Please take care and get better.  

hugs Lauren55 (Lorinda)

Posted by scaredysquirrel on May 9, 2020 3:27 pm

Thanks, I'm much better now.  Nice to hear from you and hope all is well with you too