Exercise, the case for it

Exercise, the case for it

Posted by Runner Girl on Feb 3, 2019 5:46 pm

I am working my way thru a book titled: The Metabolic Approach to Cancer by Dr. Natasha Winters and Jess Higgins. In the topic about the importance of exercise they state the following: "physical activity decreases the risk of cancer recurrence and prolongs overall survival - especially in women with primary breast cancer - and evidence is now showing a benefit from exercise for people with metastatic cancer. In fact, exercising increases survival time by over 20 percent for those with any kind of metastatic cancer."

I thought it was important to share this with everyone.  If you ever needed motivation to get moving, maybe this is it.

Re: Exercise, the case for it

Posted by Essjay on Feb 4, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks for sharing Runner Girl‍  - I shall look out for this book!

Love your new profile pic BTW - you rock the cropped look 👍

Posted by FizzyA on Feb 16, 2019 6:13 am

I want to read it so bad. By the way, do you take some pills or something during sport exercises? One friend of mine recommended me to take this cbd oil https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd-oil-for-cystic-fibrosis? I have read a lot on the Internet about it but I'm still not sure thag it's a good idea. What do you think?

Posted by ashcon on Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi FizzyA‍ 

Welcome to this community. You ask a good question about taking pills (read supplements) during exercise.  I think everyone is different, based on their body's needs and type or extent of exercise they are putting their body through.  Personally, I don't take anything, and I exercise 3-4 x/ week at the gym (strength & cardio), but I am very conscious of my diet, being careful to eat the right balance of carbs, proteins, etc. 

Regarding your other question about CBD oil for cystic fibrosis, you may want to ask your doctor.  I read the article you reference and like many articles that cite the use of marijuana or CBD for treating illnesses, "studies" are being done, but there is no conclusive medical proof that it is a successful treatment method. 
It may be effective in treating symptoms or side effects, but as stated at bottom of that article. "Time will tell whether CBD is an effective cystic fibrosis treatment..."

Are you going through cancer, or caring for someone going through cancer?  What form(s) of exercise do you do?

Share with your friends: