Let's Discuss...Hope

Re: Let's Discuss...Hope

Posted by LPS on Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am

Hi, 
I have always been focused on capturing every moment and creating memories that last a life time. 
I have always been so grateful for the life I have and for the wonderful sons and husband who are always so caring and loving.
I am surrounded  by so much love.  
Since August 2015-- Hope has surfaced in my daily routine.

My hope is to continue a life filled with love and laughter...
Hope with love will open so many doors -- doors to the cure, doors to keeping peace, joy and love that surrounds us.
Without Hope, we cannot move forward...Hope is the strength that keeps us going and my wish for all of us is to keep the light of Hope burning...because hope will lead us to our goals.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and may the New Year continue with Hope, Peace, Love and Joy.
Sincerely, Liza

Posted by Theseamstress on Dec 12, 2018 1:52 pm

My hope for all is for a peaceful time whether it be in life or death. Living in peace and love with all who surround you is the greatest blessing and passing in peace and love is also. My hope is truly that all who read this will be attending Holiday festivities for many years to come.
Much heartfelt  love to all who are struggling through this journey of doctors and hospitals, perhaps you are even sitting next to my husband as he receives his biweekly chemo treatment. Give thanks to the nurses who are worked off their feet in the ward. ( we are taking them a gift today0.
Wishing everyone happy Holidays for whatever your belief system is.
Christineheart

Posted by WesT on Dec 13, 2018 9:41 am

Theseamstress‍ Well said!

Posted by Corrina on Dec 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Hope,
What  a powerful word ! It can mean so many things to each of us for different reasons .I think we all want hope on our  journeys no matter where that may lead us .I think we want our families to have hope to.We all want to believe in something and maybe if we all have hope together it can make us stronger and ready to face our battles.

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Dec 13, 2018 7:19 pm

When I was going through a rough time a few years ago, I had someone offer up the hope for the highest good for all concerned. Ever since then, I’ve always hoped for the highest good whenever I’ve found myself in a difficult situation.

The highest good could be everything from a full recovery of a loved one to an end to their pain.

May 2019 bring the highest possible good to everyone here and to your loved ones.

And peace. Theseamstress‍ talked about peace. Peace is part of the highest good - possibly the highest good of all — peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of being. It’s all good.

Posted by myworstnightmare on Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am

See, for me, life without hope is worth nothing. This is the only thing that gets me going. The hope that the guy upstairs has a darn good reason for putting me through this hurdle. I take one day at a time. I went through lumpectomy and radiation and now dealing with radiation cough constantly, but I never give up. I go and I try to find the right solution for each issue. I eat healthy, I exercise every day, I go to work and immerse myself in my work so that I don't think about things like illness, I keep busy and I keep a positive attitude and engage with people who make me laugh and support me emotionally. I find myself not doing well when I am with people who drain me. They are people who don't have faith in God. I am not religious but I truly believe that there is a higher power that leads our lives and gives us all these bumps in the road to make us better, more humble people. You can't take life for granted, you take each day with gratitude and you say thank you for bringing me my breath back, thank you for giving me clothes so that I am not cold, thank you for my kids, my grandkids, my whatever you are grateful for and this means that you are bringing back what you put out. The more grateful you are for what you have, the more good stuff you get. An illness is not a punishment, it's a lesson to show you how strong you are when you need to be strong. We are here for a reason, we are still alive and we are coping and we will all beat this. This is what hope is all about. 
Have a good holiday everyone and a great productive and happy new year filled with love and laughter and good friendships. Amen xoxo

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Dec 14, 2018 10:47 am

Some of you know of my journey. I won't rehash it here. Stage 3C Lung cancer co-diagnosed with male breast cancer and my wife recently diagnosed and dieing of pancreatic cancer.

But about hope. When I was first diagnosed a friend (whose wife had died from ovarian cancer a few years before) gave my a thirty day reading booklet  entitled "Hope - moving beyond cancer." The booklet led me into an exploration of what I wanted to do, how I wanted this all to turn out, and what role I had in making all this happen. I rediscovered hope.

My wife shortly after I was diagnosed gave me Emily Dickinson's poem often used in the context of hope.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - (314)
By Emily Dickinson
“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

Angus

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Dec 15, 2018 7:57 am

myworstnightmare‍ - Thank you for bringing gratitude to this conversation. I find myself that the days I do my best are those days when I am able to find my gratitude. There are many books that recommend finding gratefulness every day - The Secret, The Artist’s Way, even The Magic of Tidying Up!

It was 1995, when I was having a “Country and Western year” that Oprah did a show about keeping a gratitude journal. That show was the beginning of my personal growth.

Speaking of The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron gave the best definition of God. It really resonated with me. She calls it Good, Orderly Direction.

(A Country and Western year goes like this — the husband leaves, the car gets stolen, and the cat dies, all within 6 months.)

Posted by myworstnightmare on Dec 15, 2018 10:28 am

Yes gratitude brings only positive things back to us. What you think of is what you get so it rewards us with good things. I have witnessed it over and over again throughout my life xo

Posted by Elsie13 on Dec 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Oroph‍ , Are you M. Fader?  Brilliant poem!

Posted by Oroph on Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Yes, I am indeed M. Fader.  I thank you for your kind words.

Posted by Elsie13 on Dec 15, 2018 1:54 pm

I am secular humanist and atheist. I do not believe that things happen 'for a reason.'  Well, each of us is here because our parents had sex, or in vitro fertilization. I don't believe in any magical karma handing out rewards, punishments and lessons. Cancer is random.  Illness is random. Even if it's a genetic cancer, you could say it's just random chance that  a particular egg met with a particular sperm. My hope for our future lies with humanity. Humans can be good, kind, compassionate, brilliant, bad, cruel, greedy etc.  Each person has many characteristics. 
     My hope for myself, my husband and all of us,  is that scientific researchers will continue with their work and find more cures  and treatments for cancer. 

Posted by Orangedev on Dec 24, 2018 6:49 am

Wow hope is first in Christ, and then reading all of your relentless stories of overcoming each condition and not giving up! Thanks for sharing your stories!

Posted by OreTimber on Dec 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Hope, a subject I never thought about much.  I always subscribed to the notion that I, by pure willpower had the strength to make my life matter, to make it better and to help those around me.  Cancer taught me a valuable lesson.  Hope!  When things are beyond your control you learn to not sweat the things you do not have control over and deal with the things that you do.  Hope enters the equation.  Initially my "hope" was purely selfish.  Please god get me through this.  Now I've prayed and thankfully I'm cancer free for the time being.  I must paraphrase Liza who embraces every day!  My hope is for all who have been touched by cancer either in family or personally to have hope.  To embrace every day and enjoy the gifts that god has bestowed on us.  Life is a gift and My hope for you and yours is the coming year that it brings peace, joy, friendship, laughter and love.  God bless you all.  PS I re ignited my faith this last year.  God is good, Merry Christmas and happy new year.  

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Dec 26, 2018 5:29 pm

I hope I can carry on with my life in a more positive, fun filled way.  I've rather missed out on this aspect of my life.  I'm kind of like the character Scrooge from Christmas Carol. Missing out on the joys of life, and all the possibilities, Here's hoping.  

Posted by Brighty on Dec 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Yes scaredysquirrel‍ .  Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!! You deserve to gave some enjoyment in your life after everything  you have been though so give yourself permission  to enjoy your life!!! Starting right now! !!!!!

Posted by Hadrian on Jan 16, 2019 9:53 am

In some cases there is some glitter of hope but in many cases is not.
Unfortunately I'm in the latter category so there is no hope so no point discussing about something that does not exist.
The fact that the society forgets and disregards cancer patients is also an additional reason to lose hope.

That's it,
Adrian

Share with your friends: