Ring our virtual bell!

Ring our virtual bell!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Sep 7, 2017 10:44 am

RING OUR VIRTUAL BELL

Have you finished treatment? If so write your name below as a symbol of ringing our virtual community bell! Please include the type of treatment you had and the date you finished!

Re: Ring our virtual bell!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Sep 7, 2017 10:47 am

Can you get us started!?
Bigblue‍, MommaBear‍ , DefLeppardGirl‍, Dielle‍, mchesher‍, nicolem‍, ACH2015‍, Elsie13‍, Suzanne73‍ 

Posted by ACH2015 on Sep 7, 2017 11:00 am

ACH2015 - Chemo finished December 2016, Surgery done January 2017, Radiation completed May 2017

Let the bells ring!

Thanks

Posted by mchesher on Sep 7, 2017 11:28 am

I was waiting for it but I didn't notice the bell at Princess Margaret!!

hah anyways such is life, I finished radiation treatments in June 2015, Surgery was March 2015 myself...

Posted by Dielle on Sep 7, 2017 12:03 pm

Great idea, Lacey_adminCCS‍.  I have not seen or heard a bell at Vancouver Cancer Centre.

I am going to ring it once for my last chemo treatment, which was on June 14.  (I still go for Herceptin treatments but that is immunotherapy not chemo)

... and once again for surgery, which was August 1.

When I finally finish all active treatment in March, you better find the sound of a big gong!

Posted by Elsie13 on Sep 7, 2017 12:50 pm

My last chemo was April 13th (our wedding anniversary) and my last radiation treatment was around 11 weeks ago. It was June 20th. Yeah!

Posted by Kismet on Sep 7, 2017 1:11 pm

My surgery was April 12th & my last radiation treatment was on July 14th......better believe I rang that bell  

Posted by Beespecial on Sep 8, 2017 9:09 am

Chemo finished April 17th. Mastectomy May 17th. Radiation (25+5 boosts) finished August 29th. Yay.ring ring
Belinda

Posted by GMA1 on Sep 8, 2017 9:35 am

Chemo & Radiation - last chemo Feb 5 & last radiation April 25 - clean scan July 18 - feeling human again Angie

Posted by cancertakesflight on Sep 8, 2017 10:02 am

There was no bell, virtual or otherwise when I finished my chemo treatments in 2011. I did receive a photocopied certificate that all the nurses in the chemo suite had signed. It made me cry. What's even sadder is that I write and edit for a living and notice a grammar mistake. It partly ruined the experience. I wish I could turn it off.

Posted by friarlaurence on Sep 8, 2017 4:02 pm

The bell was a brand new thing at at the Cross Cancer Hospital in Edmonton when I rang it last October.  Ah, good times...

Posted by IJS on Sep 8, 2017 4:16 pm

My last radiation was Monday August 28th.  There was no bell at the Stronach Regional Cancer Centre in Newmarket so thanks for the opportunity to ring the virtual bell!

Irene

Posted by Labmum on Sep 8, 2017 10:26 pm

What a great idea!!!

Rang the Bell in NorthEast Cancer Centre (Sudbury) in June 2015 -- Radiation and Oral Chemo
Rang the Bell in WPSHC (Parry Sound) in February 2016 -- IV Chemo

Posted by hkjudy on Sep 8, 2017 11:03 pm

I was thrilled to ring the bell at Nanaimo General Hospital (BC Cancer Centre) when I finished chemo on April   19, 2017.  The nurses had a large bell which they passed on to each person finishing.  As it turned out no one finished during my previous visits there so I was surprised to see a woman ringing the bell an hour or so before I was unhooked for the last time!   So the two of us rang with pride and exclaimed to the others that it really does end and they'd be there soon.  

There were no bells at the end of my radiation but I did find myself walking down the street with a huge smile on my face (bewildering those coming towards me) :)

Judy (Nanoose Bay, BC)

Posted by ashcon on Sep 9, 2017 7:31 am

Beespecial:
Chemo finished April 17th. Mastectomy May 17th. Radiation (25+5 boosts) finished August 29th. Yay.ring ring

Congratulations, Belinda!!!!!

Posted by Bigblue on Sep 10, 2017 1:00 am

Finished radiatoin April, told all clear end of June, back to work July.  Just happens to be a bell in my shop which I rang first day back.

​Been called a ding-a-ling many times, doesn't seem so bad now.

Posted by Beth48 on Sep 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Finished radiation in March 2017.

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Sep 19, 2017 12:38 am

Finished chemo today, September 18,2017!!! Hooray!!  Hit the gong really loud before leaving the chemo ward.

Posted by Minus2 on Sep 20, 2017 5:23 am

Congratulations scaredysquirrel‍ .  Hope you knocked that gong right off its tethers!

Posted by JamieDad on Sep 20, 2017 6:05 pm

My daughter rang the bell on August 17 at Juravinski Cancer center in Hamilton Ont. As a proud and happy Father I aranged to have most of the family there for her last radiation treatment. Jamie is in her rest period now and will be starting her 5_23 chemo cycle next week. Congratulations to all who have rang the bell.

Posted by Cricketclaire on Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am

5 weekly chemo,  4 brachytherapy under general anesthetic,  and 25 external beam radiation treatments... DONE on September 18th! I didn't see a bell at the Kelowna cancer clinic, so this virtual one is a nice touch

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Sep 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Congrats Cricketclaire‍ - much deserving to ring that bell! 

Posted by dino on Sep 25, 2017 8:22 am

Thanks... I needed that!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Sep 25, 2017 9:22 am

Anytime dino‍ - We are here to recognize all you have been through. 

Posted by Dielle on Oct 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Finished 33 radiation sessions!!!  No bell at Vancouver Centre; just a couple of handouts and a final checkin with the doc.  Sooooooo glad to be done.

10221297-316330932_4-s1-v1.png?transpare
7854159-316330932_4-s1-v1.png?transparen

Share with your friends: