Live Webcast- Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence

Live Webcast- Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 2, 2015 12:15 pm

On Tuesday October 20th at 6pm (Eastern), we will be hosting a live webcast here on our community, Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence. During this webcast we will hear from Dr. Christine Maheu who will help you to gain an understanding of the fear of cancer recurrence and its consequences, provide strategies and exercises for managing these fears, and share common concerns people have when thinking about their cancer returning.

To access the webcast, you will need to register here. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirmation with the link to watch the webcast live on October 20th. 

1d1c003a4c572da0c55879c1361560d0-huge-we

What questions do you have for Dr. Maheu? Please share them below, and I'll be sure to ask them during the webcast.

Attached files

Re: Live Webcast- Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 5, 2015 3:40 pm

If you are thinking about attending this webcast, be sure to register here. It's sure to be a very informative and interesting webcast presented by Dr.Maheu. 

Please let me know if you have questions that you would like to be asked during the webcast, I will bring them forward during the webcast.

-Nicole

Re: Live Webcast- Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence

Posted by Nelliennm on Oct 6, 2015 8:08 am

I am unable to be available during the webcast time. Will I be able to access the seminar after it has taken place?

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 6, 2015 9:03 am

Hi Nelliennm,

Yes you are certainly able to watch this, and all of our previous webcasts, by clicking here

Posted by PearlFran on Oct 7, 2015 4:43 pm

Question for the speaker:
One can never be well prepared for the recurrence of cancer.  I have heard that when it comes back it will be worse than the previous encounters.  It will be aggressive, invasive and even not tolerable.  Is this true? 

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 8, 2015 9:19 am

Hi Pearly White this is a great question, and one that I will certainly bring forward to the presenter. Have you already registered for the webcast?

Posted by KarinLeah on Oct 8, 2015 10:12 pm

On Sept 17 (7 months after removal of 25 cm of sigmoid for a 5.5 cm tumor) I was diagnosed with a recurrence with a 2 cm sigmoid tumor which appears to be fairly aggressive. I have had several relevant investigations and scheduled for a few more. I am truly blessed that I am receiving urgent medical attention, but the waiting, wondering, speculating, etc. is very difficult. I am trying to be patient.
I look forward to the Live Web cast and hope it will bring some calm to the storm.
Thank you for all you do to assist us in this sometimes difficult journey.
Take care,
KarinLeah

Posted by Springtime on Oct 9, 2015 4:06 pm

What are the benefits/risks of tests (i.e. bone scan, etc.) - do they ever do these routinely after a certain amount of time, and do people normally have follow up at some point with oncologist or does everything just go through the family doctor once you're finished treatment?

Posted by Springtime on Oct 9, 2015 4:12 pm

I also see the Dr. has an interest in return to work after cancer.  Do you think it is taken into consideration by potential employers?  Do you have to, or do you feel it is ethical to disclose when applying for a job?  If you are applying for one in healthcare - do they check (I'm sure they don't), but?

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 9, 2015 4:57 pm

Springtime these are some great questions, I'll be sure to send these forward to Dr.Maheu as well for the webcast.

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi everyone, tomorrow evening is our live webcast with Dr. Maheu. Join us at 6pm (Eastern) to learn more about the fear of cancer recurrence. It's not too late to submit your questions either, just comment below and I'll be sure to include them in the questions we are hoping to ask Dr.Maheu.

If you haven't already, register now for tomorrow's webcast by clicking here. 

-Nicole

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Tonight at 6pm (Eastern) is our live webcast Living with uncertainty: Discussing the fear of cancer recurrence. I hope you will join me as I speak with Dr.Maheu, who will be discussing the fear of cancer recurrence.

Posted by Nicole_admin on Oct 21, 2015 11:59 am

Last night's webcast is now available to watch on demand. Click here to watch it on demand now!

Posted by debby on Nov 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello there , i am a newbie to this site and having a great deal of difficults trying to introduce myself . i try typing where it says introduce yourself but nothing happenscrying can you tell me why

Posted by Nicole_admin on Nov 11, 2015 8:52 am

Hi debby, and welcome to our community. I'm glad that you've found us, and I can certainly point you in the right direction. The best place to introduce yourself is in the 'Introduce yourself' discussion thread, which you can get to by clicking here. To reply, just click on the yellow 'Reply' icon. 

Your profile doesn't tell us much about you yet, but depending on what you're looking for you may like to take part in the discussions happening about specific cancers, caring for someone with cancer, or any of our other topics. If you'd like more information about the community, you can watch our video Making the Most of CancerConnection.ca. Of course, you can always message me on here as well if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Nicole

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jan 18, 2017 9:45 am

This webcast and all of our past webcasts are still available on demand. Click here to view our webcast library and feel free to view them anytime and share them with friends.

Lacey