+ Reply
Emotional trigger
ValP2022
38 Posts

I had a check up yesterday to decide which estrogen blocker I would start after a bad experience with lectrozole. When my oncologist came in, I noticed the thickness of my file. It struck me that file was thicker than my Mom's was. She had COPD and heart disease. Silly, I know but there it was. Almost a tangible representation that I have been ill and am not thru it yet. A weird trigger, but there it was….

2 Replies

@ValP2022

I totally get this so I don't think it is a weird trigger at all. Unrelated to my cancer experiences, I had a lot of medical issues as a child and into adulthood. Back when my GP office was all paper file, I always knew when they were about to call my name because my file tucked under their arm was the width of a briefcase while the other files, for much older people, were literally paper thin.

It is interesting how our minds work eh?

Did you settle on a new medication? Letrozole didn't agree with me either. I ended up trying pretty much all of the main ones and settled on Exemestane.

Lianne

ValP2022
38 Posts

@Lianne_Moderator I start on Tamoxifen tomorrow. Starting with a 10mg dose and working up to the full dose. 🤞

+ Reply