+ Reply
NETFLIX Documentary: TIG.
supersu
727 Posts

with record cold temps in Alberta and COVID Omicron swirling around our heads I have found myself binge watching movies, eating chips and staying safe in my apartment.

I found a sweet surprise last nite when I watched the documentary: TIG.
trigger warning: TIG has cancer and makes jokes about it; I LOVED it.

65832b08305eedfe43deb77f5af7812e-huge-ti
laugh about cancer

here is an excerpt from the NY Times review:

What begins as a moody portrait of tragedy turns into a narrative that resembles a lovely, if somewhat mundane, romantic comedy. The structure is similar to her recent show, in which she took off her shirt to show the audience her scars, only to continue telling jokes topless and let her routine retake the focus.

Like Ms. Notaro’s act, “Tig” chronicles her struggle with cancer, then shows her triumph over it by returning to something that looks normal. It’s the smile at the end of a deadpan punch line.

7 Replies

I saw this when it first came out @supersu and I loved it. I have since seen Tig Notaro live and she was just fabulous. I agree this may not be for everyone, but her rawness and direct approach really spoke to me.

Lianne

supersu
727 Posts

@Lianne_Moderator

oh WOW! now I am super jelly! 😂

I would love to see Tig live….totally putting this one on the list for AC, (after Covid), activities!

cheers
su

#notdeadyet #tignotaro #breastcancer

elle29
899 Posts

How do we fi,d it ,

supersu
727 Posts

@elle29

it was in my Netflix Documentary selections….not sure if it is available right now outside of that platform.

I resisted NetFlix for YEARS, and finally caved and subscribed when I went on my last short term disability for the foot.
I have enjoyed MANY hours of entertainment, but being the cheapskate that I am, will discontinue the subscription once warmer weather arrives here in Alberta.

hope you are well friend!
cheers
su

#cancerinthemedia #moviecancer #breastcancer

JustJan
1291 Posts

I am going to have to check this out. Thanks for sharing @supersu.

BellaBlue
24 Posts

God only gives you what you can handle. God thought ’she can take some more’……..😭😭😭

elle29
899 Posts

Yes realized Netflix now had docs . Did you read listen to Alcohol causing cancer . Thanks to a member her found this cbc article . .https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/alcohol-warning-labels-cancer-1.6304816

+ Reply