+ Reply
Tag a member you haven't heard from recently...
3cedad2577d1a781058b509daab7f80d-huge-im

As a community, let's check in! Take a moment to tag a friend or two you haven't heard from in awhile just to say how are you! If you're tagged say hello and tag someone else.

56 Replies
ACH2015
2192 Posts

Hi @Lacey_Moderator, what a great way to do a check in, and what a check in chain this will be. Hpow are you doing? You always ask of others - shoe on other foot. I am doing OK, buy with the new fitness routine and stuff, I hope to hear how @Kims1961 and @sgt. pepper are doing as well.

@ashcon and @Birdwoman, how are you both doing?

ACH2015

sgt. pepper
183 Posts

@ACH2015 Thanks for asking about my well-being. I am doing well and am in the process of moving from a house to a condo-major downsizing and purging which is very stressful. Otherwise, my health is good and I have been cancer free for over four years now. Hoping it lasts as it did recur the second time after five years. I have followup scans every six months and the next one is due just before xmas. So far so good.

Take care, Sgt. Pepper

ACH2015
2192 Posts

@sgt. pepper Good to hear you are doing well. I get it with purging and moving. I did that in 2020 during covid, and no fun at all. But we are getting settled and have adjusted to the downsizing. Look at it this way, stressful now, but you will be happy when its done.

Keep well

ACH2015.

ashcon
2021 Posts

@ACH2015

Good to hear from you! I see you are keeping up your fitness regime - bravo! I have not been on the site as frequently. Work is keeping me busier than I'd like! I still do my at home work outs 2x/week though, tend to a very needy and demanding cat, manage to get together with friends /family most every weekend (in a safe, covid - prevention way!), and some of First Aid volunteer gigs are coming back. I am covering the Cambridge Santa Claus Parade this weekend!

I've been noticeably absent myself, so am not the best person to assess and tag others who have not been here lately, but I hope the conversation keeps going, and others come out of the woodwork!

Brighty
7731 Posts

Hello @Drscrs and @SpeedyStill@princessmaura ..love to hear from you all!

Whitelilies
1667 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator Hello….luv this check-in!!

@altachica Hello…..How are you doing? Thinking of you a lot!!! Would be so happy to hear how things are…….Warmest Regards,

Whitelilies

sgt. pepper
183 Posts

Hi ACH2015,

Glad to hear that the move was successful. I am anxious about leaving my home for condo living but am hopeful I will adjust and be content when I finally settle. This will be my final move unless I end up in a nursing home, which I hope never happens. I am optimistic that my health status will remain stable for the foreseeable future.

Take care, Sgt. Pepper

supersu
561 Posts

nice thread….

would love to hear how @Minus2 is doing! she was one of the very first members to welcome me to this amazing community.

with all that is happening in canada I hope all of our members are safe and doing as well as they can be.

cheers/hugs to you all
su

#cancerconnectioncommunity

Birdwoman
102 Posts

Tag a member check in

Hello @ACH2015 thanks for asking about me. I don't even know how to post any more! I tried reply and am in this strange box. I hope it works.

Hello to all the brave wonderful people on this site, so much courage and love is shown here, I still read the daily digest and finally caught up to October, so I am well behind! But I try to read one or two every day and I always get hope and inspiration from them.

Andy, I see that you have moved in the past year and are continuing your ongoing recovery from treatment lifestyle. I am so glad you are doing well and on this site. I am always uplifted to see your posts and the help you offer others.

I have been struggling with my back issues and fatigue and am walking with a cane. I can walk around 20 minutes before I have to sit down. The pain is a sort of pressure I feel like something is trying to push me into the ground! I start feeling nauseous and sweating. I saw an xray of my back in March when I met with my hip replacement surgeon for a follow up. The bottom 4 vertebrae have collapsed and look like a pile of bones, no discs, and lots of arthritis everywhere. Also some osteoporosis. I am 73 and my Dad was skiing and wind surfing until 84 and died at 96. I can't even walk around the block! I used to ski and kayak and hike for hours. I like to move.

I blame it on chemo and radiation. I would be dead without them, but still! I did have some back problems before cancer at 67, but I really think the pelvic radiation exacerbated the condition. I saw that @NormRay said that radiation damages the bones. I don't think oncologists will admit it, mine won't, and not all people get affected the same way.

Anyway, here I am, trying to be grateful for every day (my teeth are falling out too), going for a daily walk, playing cribbage with my son on Sundays, as I am afraid to return to the Seniors Club due to Covid and sitting for 3 hours on hard chairs would be too much for me now. But I meditate and watch the birds, love reading about space, keep in touch with family and a few friends and get through each day with as much grace as I can muster! Wishing you all the best and I would like to tag @Dauntless and @NormRay although I see you post more often than me!

Let's keep on trucking! (Showing my age!) Take care!

What a great idea!

Now to figure out who to tag.

@Pinarello1 I know this isn't your favourite hangout but you were one of the first people to connect with me over afatinib and giving folks a catchup would be nice.

@jorola It has been an awfully long time. Just thought I would check in on you and Mick. There is a growing crew of on the ground lung cancer folks in Edmonton that would love a bit of your expertise.

@Ambrosia and @Steamy1 YOu flashed across my awareness like meteorites but then I haven't heard much from you. Be really nice to have you checkin.

Angus

ACH2015
2192 Posts

@Birdwoman

Sorry to hear your back is giving you so many problems. Any ability to fuse or do anything else to stabilize the issues? Re covid, I understand the concern with getting out with others, but if you all follow protocol and have been vaccinated - it does us all a world of good to get out and socialize. And as far as the hard chairs, comfortable pressure reducing cushions may do the trick. Its tough getting through the side effects treatments leave us with, and keep moving forward as best you can. I bet the winter birds are flocking now that the weather has changed.

Keep well

ACH2015

Pinarello1
35 Posts

Hey there, I have been lurking in the shadows on this site for awhile. I'm currently still stable and working with The Man up to Cancer group a lot and Lung Cancer Canada. Thanks for calling me out @WestCoastSailor . I'll try to post more here.

@Pinto and @alexisrj @Cupcakes - thinking of you all and wondering how you are doing.

Lianne

Boby1511
720 Posts

@SpeedyStill

Hi there,

Hope you join in. Its funny I was just thinking of you the other day and then this thread was posted! So nice. Hope you doing ok over there.

Hugs

Boby1511
720 Posts

@law1

Hi there,

There was a lady that you used to chat with regular. She had the back issues and had a lovely photo of herself on her front porch. I was actually trying to reach out to her before but I can't seem to find her anymore. Anyway I hope she's doing ok and perhaps you could tag her. Thinking of you.

Boby1511
720 Posts

@Birdwoman

Hi there,

I can relate to the back issues. Yours sound dreadful, so sorry.

I have degeneration in several places in my back now at 48. My tumor had attached to my spine so surgery I think did some further damage.

I too had pelvic radiation. Some serious long term back side effects from this. I have mural thickening in several places, which we are hoping is just the radiation at the moment.

I found they never really explained all the radiation risks.

Glad you still finding a way to play cribbage.

I used to play bridge, lovely game.

Hugs.

Boby1511
720 Posts

@wendy tea

I can't seem to tag this person. Maybe someone can figure it out? (@Whitelilies)

Used to see Wendy here and there, been a while.

Hope you doing great over there.

Hugs.

Dauntless
130 Posts
Birdwoman
This is Dauntless‍ ,
I do post on here from time to time.
I am on chemo maintenance Alimta, every 4 weeks,and so far remaining stable.
Have been quite sick for a few weeks, and being a retired nurse I should have come to Emerg sooner, so now admitted with pneumonia, hard to breathe, on IV antibiotics, and O2.
Expect I'll be in hospital a few more days.
I have found a lot of great programs on The site Wellspring...I am doing a course on there, Dealing with Cancer Fatigue...quite good.
I found a great support group there for people like me dealing with terminal cancer.
I found a group on Lungevity,called The Happy Hour, its Fri night. Some have a glass of wine. it's an American group but they have welcomed this Canadian.
I read the Digest on here every day with my morning coffee.
It sounds like you are doing well,
Keep posting, sometimes when its been awhile...we start to worry.
Dianne
Birdwoman
102 Posts

Hi @Boby1511 Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to hear about your back problems too. And the mural thickening. I love your positive attitude though. When you first started posting it was such a critical and hard time for you. I am so glad things are better and you offer so much to others too. Wishing you improving health and fun in life!

Thank you @ACH2015 for your reply. You are so brave and persistent, a true warrior of the heart! I really feel like I have friends here who hear me. It's wonderful. I am copying part of a post of yours for @Boby1511 from 2017 where you informed us about Oncolink, which I found useful. So this below is from @ACH2015

Some time ago I posted about Survivorship Care Plans. The purpose is to give you information about your specifics based on the information you input into the questionnaire. This tool is useful all the way through your cancer treatments and is especially important to look at post treatment for follow ups and give you some additional piece of mind that your aftercare involves as much as possible as a form of prevention.
Here is the link

https://oncolife.oncolink.org/
………………………

I am not sure how helpful it will be but it gives an overview of how our treatments can affect us in the future. I got some good info for uterine serous carcinoma.

Thanks to @Lianne_Moderator and @Brighty for your ongoing support. You are angels who have been there.

Life is still good. I am a Leo and having fun is my go to. So I find little things to make me happy. Letting go is hard, but ‘accept, accept, accept’ has been my mantra for quite a while. I see a lot of us are having to let go of things we had, like moving out of homes, I can't really sew anymore, too hard, but finding new routines and the little joys in life is a big help.

All the best and let's keep looking up!😊

Birdwoman
102 Posts

Dear @Dauntless I am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. I hope you are getting good care and that Newfoundland may be getting around that attack on the hospitals' computers. I hope family is able to visit you, although with Covid that is not sure thing. Hang in there, it will get better!

Thanks for your reply! Even when sick! You are amazing and dauntless! I am glad you have found some support. I will check out the one you mention for fatigue. I am thinking of you and praying for you. Soon you will be home and Christmas lights will be going up! Sending a big hug!

princessmaura
315 Posts

@Brighty i have been dealing with the flooding disaster in my province.

Ineke
103 Posts

@frozenstar , haven't heard from in a while.

Brighty
7731 Posts

How far are you to the flooding @princessmaura ?

law1
613 Posts

Thx for the tag, @Boby1511 It has been a while since we chatted online. All is well here as I had cataracts removed, wisdom teeth to be removed and my cat was an Angel at her first vet appt. 3 times is or are the Charm. Grammar is not my strong suit.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm--- the Lady on the Porch--- I think it must be @Whitelilies or @Trillium ?? I am not positive so I'll tag @JustJan

Brighty
7731 Posts

@law1 and @Boby1511 i have a feeling you might be referring to @vic777 ..lady on the porch.

law1
613 Posts

@Brighty and @Boby1511 ….. O My and thanks so much---what a great memory you have Brighty---yes---it is definitely @vic777 . How are you doing, vic777?

Boby1511
720 Posts

@law1

You 20/20 now? I have often thought of getting my eyes done (I'm blind as a bat). But my doc always told me I'd lose my short vision so I have waited.. but now that my short vision is gone… I'm in the bifocals. I am reconsidering. Be nice to wake up and be able to see the clock on the nightstand. lol.

You still had your wisdom teeth? Ouch. Mine gone long long long time ago. Hurt. They put me under then, which was nice of them.

Good to hear you otherwise doing good.

@vic777

Hi there, hope you join the tag fun and let so know how you doing.

I've been thinking of you over there on your porch. I hope the back has improved some.

I'm ok. Hugs.

law1
613 Posts

Hi @Boby1511 ….so nice to receive your newsy reply!!! Vision? not quite excellent just yet as I have to wait for the other eye slice in January…then I'll get a newer Rx as my eyes have gone downhill each year since I was in grade 5….1958??? I currently have tri focals---(so now I really know I'm over 70)

I can't see the clock next to my bed either! But, that is actually a luxury of my stress-free retirement.

Wisdom teeth----the only reason they need to be extracted is that radiation for the tongue cancer swelled my inner cheeks and kind of jostled my gums---so my mouth can no longer accommodate all the teeth….go figure!!

C'est la goddam vie!

Whitelilies
1667 Posts

@Boby1511 Hi Mel……I just tried to “look for” WendyTea……no luck…..perhaps she closed her profile down….????…..I too, recall her…..

Whitelilies

+ Reply