+ Reply
Wellbeing programs

Hi everyone, I wanted to share this really awesome mental health cancer study that I am involved in. They run free online wellbeing programs for cancer survivors after treatment finishes. I am taking part in the “MIND” program and it has helped me a lot in managing emotions (especially anxiety). If you're interested, I recommend you check them out (I believe their current programs are ending soon):

13 Replies
supersu
498 Posts

@Jen_Breastie

thanks for the share! glad to hear you are enjoying the CANCope study.

I actually started this very recently, and am just finished module 2!

I am in the WELLNESS stream, but understand I will have access to the MIND program once I've completed my modules- I am really looking forward to that.

I signed up for the mental health support - cancer is a hard gig and in my province I had no access to that type of counselling thru my #COVIDcancer dx & tx. I am grateful for the support - no matter from where it comes!

hope you are doing well and moving along in your story.

cheers
su

#canCOPE #mentalhealth #cancer

chrys21
132 Posts

I am taking part in the study as well! I was assigned to the MiND program and have just completed Module 1. I am already finding it so helpful.

supersu
498 Posts

@chrys21

cool…I really think the MIND program is where I ‘should be’…ha ha

enjoy the rest of the modules!

cheers
su

#canCOPE #mentalwellness

Rochelle
14 Posts
supersuchrys21Jen_Breastie‍ Ladies, I just signed up yesterday for the CanCope program and was assigned to the WELLNESS stream. Thanks for all the recommendations. Looking forward to getting started. We'll have to compare notes when we're all done.
Cheers
supersu
498 Posts

@Rochelle @Jen_Breastie @chrys21
I'd love to chat once we are all done; thanks for the suggestions rochelle
enjoy class!!!

su

#canCOPE

Littlebeth
91 Posts

Hi @Rochelle @Jen_Breastie @chrys21 @supersu

I’m just wrapping up my 4th week on the Mind program and would also be interested in chatting when we’re done. I’m learning some helpful practices.

Liz

Sadie12
68 Posts

Hello @Jen_Breastie @supersu @chrys21 @Rochelle @Littlebeth

Thank you for the information about this. I just signed up and waiting for my first phonecall. I'll be happy with either module, although I do feel that I need the MIND one more.

Sadie

chrys21
132 Posts

@Sadie12 i love your picture. Is that one of your creations? It’s beautiful:)

Sadie12
68 Posts

Yes @chrys21 , it is. Thanks for the compliment. I actually sent that little piece to a childhood friend that I have reconnected with when we were both going through cancer treatments this past spring.

Learning
13 Posts

thank you, I just registered.

RainbowOwl
11 Posts

Thank you for this link. I have just signed up for the study. I am curious to see what stream I am put in.

JustJan
1033 Posts

Thanks for this link. I am now enrolled as well and have been assigned to the Wellness Stream. I will be starting the modules today.

#CanCOPE #healthyliving #boostIneed

Sadie12
68 Posts

Okay…so…I am in the Lifestyle stream.

S

+ Reply