+ Reply
Mom living with stage 4 Colon cancer and chronic pain
Ali52
5 Posts
Hi . My mom has been living with stage 4 colon cancer for just under 7 years now. She has undergone 3 surgeries, 2 round of radiation and 2 rounds of chemo ... currently on her third. The pain is debilitating and angonizing 90% of the time. I have to help her get up and change. It is so difficult to watch her in constant pain with absolutely no control. It is hard to be present anywhere without having it on my mind, but I can feel myself burning out. At 27 years old it takes a real toll being the primary caregiver, having to be home all the time when I am trying to figure out my own life and future. Its truly a rollercoaster of emotions and I try to stay positive for her, but I am starting to really feel defeated. So I found this forum in hope to feel some relief.
2 Replies
Whitelilies
1413 Posts

@Ali52 Have a peek: www.CCRAN.org (Filomena) Get-a-Callin'

A PATIENT-FOCUSED ORGANIZATION

JustJan
932 Posts

@Ali52 I am sorry for what your mom is going through and also the significant impact it is having on you. Have you talked with the oncologist about her pain? Has she been referred to palliative care? They are excellent at managing pain and it might be very helpful for your mom.

Your mom is lucky to have you. Sending you a virtual hug.

+ Reply