+ Reply
First chemo and scared
Narges
45 Posts
Hi everyone, hope everything is going well with you and your family. Tomorrow is my chemo first session with fluorouracil and oxaliplatin . I heard about different experiences with them and I am really terrified. Need all your good vibes and prayers.thank you
14 Replies
Brighty
7040 Posts
I'm not familiar with this drug combo Narges‍ but I do want to wish you the best with chemo tomorrow. Let us know how it goes when you are able.
Trishfw
25 Posts
Best of luck in your treatment. You will be Ok. Go easy on yourself, be patient. The first treatment is facing the unknown. By your last you will fully understand your reactions. Reach out to your care team with questions. They are the ones that can help. Others experiences may not be yours.
im finished my treatment surgery, chemo and radiation. Starting to feel new normal.
Looking back it was an amazing journey.
Take time to take care of yourself
trish
Runner Girl
1850 Posts

@Narges

Good luck with your first chemo tomorrow. I know I was terrified before mine, but it turned out to be not so bad at all.

My side effects kicked in 3 days later when the dexamethasone wore off. This would be on Friday, Saturday could be iffy, and Sunday I was recovering.

Do you have something to read, something to drink and some great snacks for your time during the infusion?

Runner Girl

Yuliya
88 Posts
Narges‍ I am sending you healing thoughts and strength. I hope you will have little side effects and they will be tolerable. How many rounds of chemo you will have?
Whitelilies
1200 Posts

@Narges Hello …I am sending you BIG hugs……take it all, one hour at a time.

Now……time for Sit Ups & Push Ups……and….then……respite……

Regards

Whitelilies

Boby1511
498 Posts

@Narges

Hi there,

Sending you best wishes as you begin treatment.

The first one is very scary. That part does get easier.

Just remember you have a team working with you supporting you.

supersu
263 Posts

@Narges

9e0815a15482b5960254b6d83b0c5d72-origina
sending best wishes for today
Trish514
12 Posts

Hi Narges,

I hope your 1st chemo infusion is going well. I too am currently on Oxaliplatin IV but with Capecitabine oral pills ….CAPOX…for 4 cycles….almost through my 3rd chemo cycle.

I too had a tumour in rectum of 3cm…due to location of tumour, they removed it and 13 lymph nodes that were clear. However, markers are there and chemo was suggested to be taken as insurance. So my butt was closed and I have a permanent ostomay bag of which I am becoming more at peace with it….now I can walk and talk and poop at the same time…lol.

Let us know how you get along with your treatment. We are here for you during your journey back to health.

Trish514 oxoxo

Narges
45 Posts
Thank you everyone, I did my first of 8 chemo and it was better than I thought . It is too soon for having side effects but I keep being positive
thank you for your all kind massage it is really great to have you here
Whitelilies
1200 Posts

@Narges Hello….so glad #1 is done…….7 left; keep counting…..we are here for you….

@Trish514 Hi…..what a “hat trick”…….walk/talk/poop…simultaneously……me too!! (just less “pretty”)…..please laugh !!

Keep strong…..

Whitelilies

Brighty
7040 Posts

Sorry @Whitelilies , I laughed. that was hilarous!

RyRy
13 Posts
Hi Narges,

Glad to hear that the first round of chemo went well. As others mentioned, the unknown of the first round is the toughest. Once i got through my first I felt really comfortable the rest of the way.

I hope that you continue with minimal side effects. The best advice i got throughout my chemo is to listen to your body. After treatment, when you need a break (physical or mental), take a break or if your not feeling well, tell your nurse/doctor.

You will be done in no time!
Whitelilies
1200 Posts

@RyRy Hello……I think your surgery (liver/stoma re-section/reversal) is this week….wishing you the BEST…….and soon you will be home……to officially heal……

Let us know, when possible…..how things went…..

Sending Positive Vibes your way…..

Whitelilies

Trishfw
25 Posts
Congrats….1 down 7 to go.
please keep us updated on your progress. We’re here for you and truly understand
Trish
+ Reply