+ Reply
remembering my beautiful mother -in-law
klay
76 Posts
This beautiful woman is my mother-in-law, Sue who passed away from complications from breast cancer.
She was diagnosed in 2007 with breast cancer and had both breasts removed and underwent countless treatments and many complications. She passed away April 8th, 2018.
This wonderful woman never gave up.
She and her husband Keith and my husband and his sister immigrated in 1971 from England to Canada and she loved being Canadian and loved her community.
She knit thousands of hats for kids in Hamilton to ensure kids were never cold. She gathered clothing for women's shelters and volunteered at a long term care facility. She was thankful for the life she had and never felt sorry for herself.
She is my inspiration to beat this horrible disease, not lay blame, and trust the system, and to never give up.
Even on days not so good for Mum she was always looking her best.and had a lovely smile.
I had endometrial cancer when her cancer spread to her bones and brain yet she worried about me and took her illness in stride.
I miss her everyday..I can truly say this world lost a very special person.
I just wanted you to know that inspirational people are always with you. I think about her all the time and I always say to Paul when I get down and cry that I must stop because Mum would be so sad that I was crying.

I am glad that she didn't have to be here watching everything I've gone through since then because it would have broken her heart. But I miss her so much.

Thinking of you all and your loved ones. Let your inspiration shine through on dark days.

Much love Karen ❤
Replies
+ Reply