Motivation and Inspiration

Motivation and Inspiration

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jan 4, 2021 6:47 pm

I had such a wonderful day today. 
I am now able to leave the Condo and get out meeting people again.
With my operation over and healed I do not have the same degree of pain that I had before.
I went out at 11 A.M. and didn't return until 2:30 P.M. 
The mood and requirements are different in the stores now, however through our masks and distance we can still communicate with the eyes.
I have always said that the eyes are the most important part of the body for non verbal communications.
How I personnally know this to be true, I fell in True Love with my ex wife's big brown eyes. A love for me that still resides in my heart.
My last stop was Sobeys for groceries.
I am now a snail in slow motion so I put all the items in my cart to bag later so I did not hold up the register for the lineup behind me.
I stoped my cart at the bench at the exit door.
I was packing my groceries in my bags when a lady sat at the other end of the bench. I saw that she was trying to pack all her purchases in a little knapsack.
I gave her one of my Sobeys reusable bags and when she looked at me to say thank you, I could see a tremendous amout of hurt in her eyes.
I started talking with her and then she started releasing that hurt.
I listened as carefully as I could however with masks and distance I think I really only heard about half of what she said to me.
I did pick up that she lived alone, had a 22 year old daughter and was originally from a part of the Province that was quite a distance from the city we are in.
I sat there with her (about 30 minutes) until I started to see a sparkle in her eyes which I knew was there but boarded up by all the hurt.
I said to her "there I can see the sparkle in your eyes" she lit up even more.
We parted saying that our paths my never meet again but that she hoped we would.
I don't even know her name but that very encounter was special to me and I hope it brought some light into her life.
We pass each other in the journey of life and each path that crosses, we should leave a candle of light.
Always Speedystill 

Re: Motivation and Inspiration

Posted by Brighty on Jan 4, 2021 6:55 pm

Your post made me smile SpeedyStill‍ .  So glad you got out today and had that special connection with that lady.     Glad you are doing better after your operation and not in too much pain any more!       You put a sparkle on the lady's face, as you put a sparkle on many faces here on the sight from those who read your posts.   Thank you for all you do here. 
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jan 5, 2021 5:45 pm

Brighty‍ 
I do not spend much time with the Community lately because although one pain is pretty well gone I am still living with pain.
I find that there are times when I really feel like I have connected with life and want to revel in it.
My ability to project a forward thinking comment is challenged by my own thoughts.
I am still on the emotional rollercoaster which started with my original Cancer diagnosis and continues forever I think.
My strategies however have worked and continue to work as I muddle through my challenges.
Thank you for the uplifting feedback and I will continue to keep checking in on the Community and comment when I am able to move things forward.
Good Night to all those members who are struggling with there aloneness like me.
Always Speedystill 

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Jan 6, 2021 5:22 am

SpeedyStill‍ , it’s always good to hear from you, but this post was exceptionally good to read.

I’m so happy that you had a good day, and was able to be an uplifting force in the life of that lady.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by klay on Jan 8, 2021 8:53 am

SpeedyStill‍ 

Hello my sweet friend and all the best for this coming year.

I've wanted to check in with you but I've been dealing with some setbacks but I've got this!!!

I'm glad that you got out and enjoyed your day 🌞
Better yet your kind soul and spirit lifted the heart of someone else that needed it ❤ that is tremendous!!
This world needs more kindness and its people like you that make me believe that it exists.
You have truly made my day!
I hope you're feeling better.

Much love ❤ Karen

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jan 9, 2021 2:29 pm

klay‍ 
Thank you for your inspiration.
I often think about how you are doing. You have such great courage. I often think about your message of inspiration when I get down.
It  helps but it is hard to remove what's going on in my mind and body.
You  are so fortunate to have a loving spouse for comfort.
I keep moving forward one step at a time.
I am thankful, grateful and blessed for the life I have had and even today, in my challenged life of the past few years.
Acceptance is the final stage. Not there yet, trying to get there.
I am so glad that you are still active in the Community.
Thinking of you and your husband
Speedystill 

Posted by klay on Jan 9, 2021 4:58 pm

SpeedyStill‍ 

Like you I struggle but I'm muddling through it all. I've had some health setbacks since Christmas..which seems some days like a long time ago..but I went out today...albeit nervously with the surging covid cases! That's scary! But it's good to see the sun and breathe fresh air! We are lucky to live in this beautiful country.
But I'm here for you..and message anytime..
But I totally understand the mind and body not matching up with what your want to do.
We've all been handed a very serious and scary hand in life.
Thankfully we all have one another and hopefully we all receive great healthcare.
I hope you're enjoying your day.
Much love ❤ Karen