Scanxiety

Re: Scanxiety

Posted by Kims1961 on Nov 28, 2020 11:20 am

Kuching‍ 

Yes!!!!!

Even the idea of good news and bad news;.....to me it’s just my information/news.  I so agree about holding back the “bad “ news as a gift, is not helpful .

I am guilty of this myself, when my daughter was diagnosed with kidney disease at 13.  My husband and I waited to tell her when the time was “right”.  All good intentions but not fair to her,I understood then and certainly now! Thank goodness our daughter put us in our place !

Kim

Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by SQLC on Nov 29, 2020 7:37 am

My husband had an MRI ten days ago. He has stage 4 colon cancer with Mets to his liver. Surgery removed the cancer in his colon and he had a round of chemo and ablation on his liver. Three months later the cancer was back in his liver and he is on chemo again. He left a message for his oncologist about his test results and now we are waiting. Part of me wants to live in denial with no test results and the other part has scanxiety. I love that word! 

Posted by JustJan on Nov 29, 2020 8:54 am

WestCoastSailor‍ so happy to hear the news of your scan! 
Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't. - Rikki Rogers