Check in

Check in

Posted by Brighty on Nov 4, 2020 9:45 pm

Check in..... calling out to Birdwoman‍  and Clover4‍  and Drscrs‍ .   Been a while.  How are you  all doing these days? ??
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Re: Check in

Posted by Whitelilies on Nov 5, 2020 7:15 pm

Haemish‍ Hello Greg.....How are you doing?
When you catch your breath, perhaps drop a line here, or two.....
We care,
Regards
Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by Whitelilies on Nov 5, 2020 7:16 pm

Mike P‍ Hello Mike......How are you doing?
When you can, share an update....we are all listening.

Regards.,

Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by Whitelilies on Nov 6, 2020 5:28 pm

Sophia44‍ Hello.....How are you doing?
When you catch your breath.....if possible, share an update......we all care.
Sending Positive Vibes your way....

Regards
Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by Whitelilies on Nov 6, 2020 5:42 pm

Icollins‍ 
missamie‍ 
Hello to the "2 folks" under Icollins....and Hello to Miss Amie....

Gentle check in......how are you all doing??

Whenever possible, please share any updates you can.....we care.....we are here for support....

Warmly,
Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by Whitelilies on Nov 6, 2020 9:21 pm

XYZ123‍ Hello.....How are you doing? How is your husband feeling?
When you catch your breath.....perhaps post an update.....we care.

Sending Strength Your Way....

Regards

Whitelilies

Lillian

Posted by XYZ123 on Nov 10, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks Lillian! We are both well and enjoying some very unseasonably warm weather in NB (20 today!). Radiation and chemo lite starts next Monday. My husband is getter stronger each day and handling the ostomy with a resilience and cheerfulness I am sure I would not have in his position. Still sorting logistics for the 5-week stretch ahead but doing pretty well and very glad there is not yet any snow to deal with on top of everything else. Appreciate the check in!

Posted by Clover4 on Nov 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi Brighty‍ 
Thanks for reaching out :)
I am 14 weeks out now and it is still very, very surreal.

My grief has been complicated by so many legal issues I haven't had any peace to truly grieve my partner.

I've accepted his absence but this stage (after the shock and numbness subsided) is so painful. The reality of being alone is awful. I do contract work so I have had many days on my own here. Many days in bed.
I think the 2 months of his demise (in hospital and hospice) really burnt me out. I was going a zillion miles an hour for 4 months and hit a wall.

I still can't wrap my head around my world being flipped over.

I'm not sure if I have to leave my home yet but I am preparing my heart for it.
So many secondary losses :(

I still talk to a counsellor and have used the compassion line from the funeral home so I do reach out when I need to talk.

In a nutshell I don't like any of this.

Thanks again for touching base.

Posted by Brighty on Nov 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Clover4‍  glad to hear back from you! I'm so sorry  your world was flipped upside down.   I remember  the first few weeks after losing Dan .. a lot of that was spent  under the covers too.    It was a slow process  and I could only manage to do one little thing a day.   Even if it was just taking  a shower .  Some days that was all I could accomplish.    It's hard too with you having conrtact work  and no steady  routine.  I lost Dan at the end of the school year and had no routine  in the summer.   My therapist sat with me and made me make myself a daily  schedule.    Even if it was simple things.. get up.. shower ..get dressed. ..when I had it written down and had something to follow it gave me more motivation.    Then it was get up.. shower get dressed...open a window.....then it progressed into get up...shower.. dress...open a window..take short walk.   It kept progressing into more small and manageable accomplishments.... and I felt better tbe more I followed it.    Would a little schedule work for you?  One small  goal per day maybe.   Or per week  maybe.    Whatever you can manage.     It could be anything.    Then 2 goals per week.... and then up it.....and you will start to feel a bit better.   Is your coucellor  helping a bit? Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do?   I know you have the legal stuff to take care of.. but please take time for yourself  too ..to enjoy something  you love.    Heck.... go take out dairy queen!!!!!! Treat yourself! !!!!you deserve it!!!! Oreo blizzard  rocks!!!!!or raspberry  fudge bliss!!!!keep in touch from time to time.   
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.