Yet more spots...

Yet more spots...

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Dr today ordered a PET scan, 2 new spots, one on right breast, one on spine...Uuuugghg why????
I hate u cancer.

Re: Yet more spots...

Posted by Yuliya on Oct 22, 2020 10:10 pm

Oh, no frozenstar‍ ..I am so sorry to hear about this. What's the plan now? Will you still be able to do mastectomy ?

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 22, 2020 10:13 pm

I had a left mastectomy, and now I will have a right.  I hope it helps.

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 22, 2020 11:48 pm

frozenstar‍  I was sad to learn of your continued issues. You have always been our superstar!   You are in my prayers. ❤ 

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 23, 2020 6:11 am

frozenstar‍ ,

You're just not catching any breaks lately.  I'll be ramping up my prayers for you my friend.  

When is the PET scan scheduled?

Runner Girl 
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 23, 2020 8:49 am

Runner Girl‍  ty lady, they said next week, scheduler will call today...the lump on my spine hurts...:(
Ty and Wendy Tea‍ I love u guys...
the journey is wearing me out, just feel beaten down by it all..hugs for us all.

Posted by Essjay on Oct 23, 2020 9:53 am

Ugh frozenstar‍ im sorry, you just don’t seem to catch a break xxx
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Oct 23, 2020 10:15 am

frozenstar‍ 

I hate cancer too. 

You have gotten this far by taking it one day at a time. We are with you.

Have you met Beespecial‍ and Mamabear‍ ? I hope they can share some coping tips with you.

Sending hugs,
Lacey

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Essjay‍ (hugs)

Posted by Whitelilies on Oct 23, 2020 2:47 pm

frozenstar‍ Hello
I am sorry to hear this update.....yup we ALL hate the "C" word......

Sure prefer Cookies/Cake/Cola/even Crumpets.......but NOT the "C" word.....

We are here for you........

Whitelilies

Lillian 

Posted by Lianne_Moderato on Oct 23, 2020 3:16 pm

frozenstar‍ 

I am sorry to hear about your latest update. Know that we will be along side you so never hesitate to reach out. We are listening.

Big hugs
Lianne

Posted by Kims1961 on Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm

frozenstar‍  Thank you for sharing your latest update...by being so open you are also helping others on here.

Are they able to prescribe anything for the lump on your spine? The very least it seems is that you can manage your pain while you wait for what steps are next.  Is there someone you can call about this?

We are all sending you virtual hugs and energies...Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Kims1961‍ I just take Advil n Tylenol...I dont like the feeling of the strong stuff.

Posted by Beespecial on Oct 27, 2020 7:31 am

frozenstar
Hi there
I have bone mets that has progressed as well. I'm in the third line of treatment which is (fingers crossed) keeping me at 'stable disease'. It's been two years since originally diagnosed, and about 8 months since I've been on my current treatment (capecitabine daily plus zometa q3 months). 

Pain should be able to be managed. This treatment : https://www.ctg.queensu.ca/cctg_news/treating-spinal-lesions-fewer-higher-doses-radiation-reduces-pain-more-effectively
has recently been published to help with relieving spinal lesion pain more effectively. You should ask your oncologist about it and see what they suggest. 

As my oncologist says, bones are painful - don't be a hero! They want to know when there is even a small change to anything. Don't hesitate to call them. 

I hope you're feeling OK today :) 
Belinda

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 27, 2020 8:57 am

Beespecial‍ 
ty, that's good advice and kind words.
hugs and prayers for u lady!

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 27, 2020 9:51 am

frozenstar‍ ,

Are you able to have the PET scan this week?

Gentle Hugs,

Runner Girl

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 27, 2020 10:08 am

Runner Girl‍ no bc the copay was $3,000 USD. I'm applying for their foundation and should get it, and will have it asap after that is settled. Insurance is a nightmare in the US, uuugh.

Posted by Treepeo on Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi frozenstar,

I hate scans, particularly when they bring bad news, and I hate cancer, too.  I am so sorry you are going through this.

Eat junk food.  Sometimes it helps.

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 27, 2020 4:06 pm

frozenstar‍ 

I sure hope they push that thru quickly and you get the scan in good time.  Darn it, health issues should not be held up by money or insurance!

Keeping you in my prayers friend.

Runner Girl

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Runner Girl‍ If trump wins again I'll be in big big trouble...you are absolutely correct and I agree. Ty for ur prayers, I pray for you as well.

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 30, 2020 7:43 am

frozenstar‍ — I won’t go down any further down this road other than to say I’m so sorry that you are caught up in such an awful position of having to deal with insurance companies when you most need peace of mind to get good treatment. My heart aches for so many people who have to experience what you are going through right now.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying