Not good news

Not good news

Posted by Danae on Aug 28, 2020 8:21 pm

I had a head MRI today and so far I was told by the hospital doctor, I was admitted for a different reason, that there is no necrosis on the swelling or something like that. That's good, however, that the tumour that was left grew. I don't have details or a plan from my team yet. But it doesn't sound good. I had an MRI beginning of June and everything was fine. So in 3 months growth is not good. I'm terrified, worried for my kids just staying in the hospital to let things sink and going home tomorrow I don't know how.

Re: Not good news

Posted by Wendy Tea on Aug 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Danae‍   You have had a rough day. It was made worse by not knowing what the plan is going forward.  Is it possible the medical team is working on a plan to decide what to do next?  Once the plan is decided and you learn what will happen,  you can take time to understand and question your team.  In the meantime can you focus on today? Rest up. Eat well. Gather your supporters around you? Whatever the next steps are, we will be here to support you. One day at a time which was the only way I managed to cope.
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Danae on Aug 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Wendy Tea‍ I'm sure that my team is setting up a plan, and I don't expect to hear anything during the weekend or even on Monday. But I wanted to hear something from my oncologist, even that he can't give more details, just something, I don't even know what. The only thing is that I'm going home tomorrow and can hug my kids and pretend that everything is going to be okay. 

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Aug 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Thinking of you Danae

Sending a hug to add to all the hugs you'll get tomorrow. 

Here for you, 
Lacey

Posted by Melanoma on Aug 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Hang in there I am as well .
Melanoma to the brain , lungs and liver . 1 year post treatment 
The Melanoma Network of Canada is a great resource I have used it myself don’t be afraid to reach out to them .
Thanks