Making it Back

Making it Back

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jul 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Tuesday I went in for a Uroflow and bladder scan. This was a test that I had been booked for July 6th, however I did not pick up my mail until July 10th.  Whoops, missed a test that I had no idea that it was coming.
Bad on me, this isolation and very little mail delivery caught me by surprise. I was upset with myself because I have been having lots of pain and trouble. I was affraid of Covid so I wanted to lay low and stay away from places like Doctor offices or even the Hospital.
I knew I had to open up about my health but I  was going to suffer threw the Summer.
Took the specified water at 8:15, arrived at the Hospital Clinic at 9:30, had drunk some more water on the way because I was not ready for the test. 
At about 10:15 the Nurse came out to get me, thought I was ready but not so. This happened a total of three times. After the second she scanned my bladder which was full but also gave me more water to drink. 
After the third she got concerned and called the Urologist who was doing procedures in another part of the Hospital.
It was now 12:15 I said just give me one more try. She said no I don't think you can do it and she left to go to the other section of the hospital where the Doctor was doing the procedures.
She was gone for about 20 minites or so.
I was sitting there in tremendous pain because I had consumed more than twice the volume the bladder could handle.
I couldn't stand the pain anymore and was sure that I was going to have an accident. So I got up from my seat and used the washroom.
When she returned several minites later she was upset that she was not there, so the test was not completed.
Well I left there beating myself up that this was the second test that was botched.
There was a cloud over my head for a couple of days but today the cloud is starting to go away.
Maybe it is an example of Human Resilience 
I know that several times in my life "making it back" has been the reason for continually moving forward.
Speedystill  

Re: Making it Back

Posted by Brighty on Jul 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi SpeedyStill‍ sorry to hear about your botched tests.    Sounds like the second  one was totally not your fault.    Well I hope you get to do the test agsin soon! Glad to hear the cloud has lifted a bit.   You are a strong person.   Have a great weekend! 
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jul 31, 2020 4:35 pm

SpeedyStill‍  What I find is often medical staff get short tempered when they are upset with themselves.  There was no reason for you to be left alone during your test. You did the right thing.  I suppose you will need to clarify your expectations during the next test. I find when I am taken by surprise I dont speak up but next time,  hang on to the nurse and dont let them escape!  I hope your test is rescheduled soon! 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Boby1511 on Jul 31, 2020 7:34 pm

Hey SpeedyStill‍ i had a few of those bladder scans. Feel for you. I spent 4 weeks in hospital after surgery not all nurses are equal. My hand had bloated right up on an Iv. I mentioned to the nurse this was not normal but she was insistent it was fine. Same nurse was under the impression I could walk to the hall to get on the gurney. She was very wrong. The charge nurse got called in to resolve. At that time just sitting up was making me vomit. Sometimes we have to advocate for ourselves.