Principles to live by

Principles to live by

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jul 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Live: Be grateful for the gift of life that we have been given
Love: Always keep love in your heart
Laugh: Even in the most serious things we should find a little humour, even if it is just a smile. Humour lightens the the heart and also has healing benifits
Wish: Wishing is like setting goals that we may never reach, however the anticipation will help move us forward 
Hope: Without hope we can see no point in moving forward, hope is essential. Keep hope alive in your heart. There are always exceptions to even the most difficult situations.
Dream: Our mind and our imagination can be a great predictor of the future you want. I imagined that this Summer all the children at the lake would be playing together. Although I cannot be there it has come true even in the face of the Pandemic. This gives me special comfort because there was a time when I would be a part of this fun and enjoyment. A father and a grandfather is happiest when his children and grandchildren are having fun.
Speedystill 

Re: Principles to live by

Posted by Montana on Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am

SpeedyStill‍  Thank you for sharing these principles.  They are so true.  It gives me hope that I will not let cancer take away from my life.

Posted by Whitelilies on Jul 18, 2020 10:02 am

SpeedyStill‍ Hello
Thank you for sharing.......these words hit home!
These principles make you re-think.....

Regards

Lillian

Whitelilies

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Somebody earlier this week told me  that metastatic cancer patients are a glum lot - always talking about death. That has not been my experience but oh well. Another cancer patient gave me this quote from Hunter S Thompson (who may not be the best person to quote for a variety of reasons.)

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

That might be an epitaph worth having. I'm so much more than a cancer diagnosis.

Angus
My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jul 18, 2020 4:07 pm

WestCoastSailor‍ 
Our mind is this fantastic part of the body which I don't think will ever be replicated by science. How do you replicate the Soul which is unique to each human.
The mind stores and deals with so many things each day.
Dominant thought can be what ever we want it to be. Althoulgh in all of my 72 years I have not been able to always control my dominant thought.
My dominant thought is not Covid 19, it is not that I am some day going to pass on like every human.
Dominant thought can be affected by what we read and by what we see.
My day is filled as much as possible with uplifting things that come into my ears and eyes.
I cannot change the unchangable but I can decide what is good for my bodies longevity.
In these and our own difficult days we have to keep the spirit alive.
This is my choice with a lot of the help that I personally  need.
Speedystill 

Posted by Lister on Aug 4, 2020 6:23 am

Sometimes we forget the most right and important things. If we always will live by these principles, we will never regret about our life