One hill to climb, One day at a time

One hill to climb, One day at a time

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Is it important to focus on all the hills we have to climb in the future or is it easier to climb one hill at a time.
The desk is stacked, do we look at getting through all the tasks at hand or do we concentrate on completeing one task at a time.
I have not mastered this but I am working toward it
Speedystill 

Re: One hill to climb, One day at a time

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jun 25, 2020 12:03 am

SpeedyStill‍  So climbing all the hills or focus on today's hill?  Can I go one better? I focus on one step at a time.  Sometimes my steps are baby steps!  If I can break down a challenge into smaller steps, then I reach more goals. Reaching goals increases my successes!  Being successful builds my confidence.  So I try more things. This may seem simplistic but I actually work really hard to stay positive. This is one of the tools I use. 

What tools work best for you? 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jun 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Wendy Tea‍ 
You are exactly right the smaller we break things down the easier it is to move forward.
When I am down I turn on my music and sing along. 
I know the lyrics so well that I can sing the words faster than the artist. Something about a melody and lyrics to excite the mind.
I can usually attach my mood to how tired I am so when I get to a certain point I lay down and catch up on my sleep if I can.
We all I think get a little edgy if we are too tired.
We all have to find our own solutions to a better quality of life.
Also the current health crisis has made everyone a little more edgy than normal.
I bought a money tree earlier this week and I haven't seen any money from it yet. Even the mailbox was a diappointment.
Maybe it takes time for it to work.
Have a great evening.
Speedystill 

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jun 25, 2020 6:33 pm

SpeedyStill‍  Great optimism!  A money tree! Wonderful.  I hope it works for you.  I get very edgy when I am tired and/ or hungry. My friends know me. When I get low blood sugar levels I get quiet. When I am quiet, they feed me! What a great system!

It's great to sing.  It's even better to sing when you're down. I would try that but I am sure neighbours would call the SPCA saying that they thought an animal was being tortured! 

Does anyone else have tools to cope that you can share with us?
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Brighty on Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Hahaha  you kill me Wendy Tea‍ !I'm with you on that one.   My voice is something our of a horror  movie... hahahaha.
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.