Positive thinking book or website?

Positive thinking book or website?

Posted by MommyT on Jun 24, 2020 10:47 am

Any suggestions for a book on positive thinking? Website? I try to keep positive .. but it is very difficult.

Re: Positive thinking book or website?

Posted by PastaCat on Jun 24, 2020 11:14 am

Hi MommyT‍, I just got my diagnosis, so I'm still in a bit of shock. I was dealing with some undiagnosed major health issues last year and found the Calm app on my phone a great comfort. It was a good distraction, encouraged peace and rest, and it was on my phone so it was easy to use. I don't know if you're like me, but as soon as you're down lack-of-sleep and worry are your constant companions.

Here's some more information on it: https://app.www.calm.com/homepage It's not focused on positivity per se. But it did help me center myself and get calmer at an awful time for me. Hopefully it helps!

Another resource that I was taught by my psychologist was to keep a gratitude and goals journal. It helped "rewire" my hopeless feelings a bit. It started gradually with 3 things I was happy for and one goal. My first entry was honestly: I appreciate for warm socks, toast, and not having to go out in the snow. My goal was to get out of bed that day for at least an hour. It might be something worth trying? Now my books are full of words, colours, and ideas. I found the concept of bullet journaling on pinterest, It's all about whether or not it helps you.

I'm sorry I didn't quite answer your question, but I hope that these things can help. Praying for you! You can do this!

Posted by MommyT on Jun 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Thank you. Every suggestion helps - I'm an emotional wreck! I am usually upbeat and happy, but this has thrown me for a loop. The biggest issue is that I don't know exactly what I'm up against!

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jun 24, 2020 1:39 pm

MommyT‍  One thing that really helped me was to focus on what I know to be true today.  Don't jump ahead to the "what if's".  Take baby steps.  If there is something you know today that you can change for the better, focus on that. I found keeping busy was a huge help. Clean out those drawers, closets, or cupboards.  And breathe!
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea