Human Resilience

Re: Human Resilience

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 23, 2020 10:07 am

True resilience is not judging anyone by how hard, or how often they fall. But by often they fall and get up again. Its OK to not be OK. Resilience means simply "getting up again" and to "keep moving forward." 

1e40709229734346500ccbe406e8d26e-huge-_m

________________ "there is always a little Light"

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 24, 2020 12:56 am

This may not look like anything really remarkable, but travel back aproximately 30 years with me to get an amazing view of human resilience. Now, picture yourself, in a wheel chair, and being 50 yrs old, and having muscular dystrophy to the point where you can only move from your neck to the top of your head, and your hands down to your wrists. And then make this vase and put it in a kiln to harden it and make it look like this. It took my friend three months to make this for me. She worked REALLY hard to do this, and yes, if one was to look, there are "flaws" in it, but it is still the perfect ceramic vase. I have kept it all these years just to reflect upon such a marvellous example of resilience, and love in action.

601a3ad9cc82d6f738bad7e6dea06fd4-huge-_m

Why did Millie make this for me?

All I did was to be a volunteer, and sit with her every week to visit and talk. Folks, we all need a little of this kind of resilience for this trying time of covid and other maladies. Please, find someone to visit and care about, and lets get through this thing together.

visits might have to be on zoom or by phone, so reach out to someone today. 🙂

I am probably the only one crying right now about this post, but its because I reminded myself of the day she died, and a nurse helped her to call me so that she could say good bye and so that I could pray for her. She was thousands of miles away, and it was a real tear-jerker for sure, but in a good way. I was somebody's angel. Praise The Lord. 🙂

Posted by Trillium on Nov 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Wow, beautiful story of resilience! The vase is so beautiful. 

Posted by ashcon on Nov 25, 2020 8:16 am

CentralAB
What a beautiful story. So humbling and gracious. Not surprising that you inspire such sharing and caring in others, given that that's what you do so well for others. 
I am in the midst of getting geared up to begin volunteering at a new and much needed residential hospice near my home. I have been wondering if this is something I really want to do, but your story has inspired me. 🙏

PS: You're not the only one crying at this moment! 
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 26, 2020 7:59 pm

446e883553c6867a957bfd8465bd1f67-huge-wo

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks, ashcon‍ That is good to hear. I cant remember exactly where I posted the other story about the fund raiser I was doing in memory of my late wife, but just today I was handed $1500 cash for that fundraiser, and we have now topped our initial goal by $100.00  I was so excited I was crying when I got to the bank. lol But what a wonderful tribute to my late wife's legacy and work. The money is all going to a local womens shelter, which is the kind of places she worked most of her career. I know its lock down time and all, but I feel really blessed. 😀

ashcon:
CentralAB
What a beautiful story. So humbling and gracious. Not surprising that you inspire such sharing and caring in others, given that that's what you do so well for others. 
I am in the midst of getting geared up to begin volunteering at a new and much needed residential hospice near my home. I have been wondering if this is something I really want to do, but your story has inspired me. 🙏

PS: You're not the only one crying at this moment! 

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 27, 2020 8:55 pm

1184670aff3afedbfc0b90dc323e33b2-huge-ne

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 28, 2020 1:12 am

33a0a5e1ae1033cbac71f452dcfb4378-huge-20