Human Resilience

Re: Human Resilience

Posted by Nicky01 on Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

CentralAB‍ What poignant and powerful words you have just expressed here!! Nobody is ever without suffering hardship or loss in their lifetime and the way you deal with it will either make you stronger or brake you if you let it. I have been married for almost 50 years and whenever we had some misfortune or what others like to call bad luck (which I don’t believe in ) happening In our lives I always use to say oh well it could of always been worst and I use to tell my husband of other much more serious scenarios that could of happened instead and that use to literally drive him crazy, he called me the eternal optimistic so this is why it was in a way almost funny when I told him about my cancer diagnosis and the fact that it looked like I was in the early stage and after his initial shock.....he said you see it could be much worst at least you are still in the early stage....his reaction actually gave me hope because after almost 50 years of living together he was finally admitting that yes in certain situations things can always be worst, I still don’t have the final pathology results but whatever they are we will deal with it! 

Thank you for sharing where you are right now navigating through your very emotional journey......like you I think that the word resilience has help me through some difficult times over the years and will continue to do so no matter what is thrown at me! Keep us updated on all the new adventure that are awaiting for you out there and keep sharing your words of wisdom that so many of us sometime desperately need while trying to make sense of what’s happening in our lives!! Have a great day!!

Posted by CentralAB on Sep 30, 2020 10:30 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed a short hike today in Jasper National Park. It was about 3km each way, around 6km round trip to Beaver Lake! What a beautiful spot! Check out the reflections on the water! I got the light at just the right time!

Resilience means that sometimes you just do what you think you cant do, just because you know you would enjoy it so much! I wasnt sure I was up to this hike as it was pretty steep in places, but every time I looked around I kept seeing so many nice things to photograph! I hardly noticed the distance or the hills. Reslience is pushing past your comfort zone to a new place where you are still comfortable once you get there.

3e3daa114b4c958e7e3c730a34e19279-huge-im

________________ "there is always a little Light"

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 2, 2020 8:49 am

Oh, my, CentralAB‍ , a glassy lake AND mountains! How lovely! Thanks for sharing.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 3, 2020 11:20 am

Color psychology suggests that different colors can evoke psychological reactions. For example, color is often thought to have an impact on moods and emotions. Sometimes these reactions are related to the intensity of a color, while in other cases they are the product of experience and cultural influences.

How does the color green make you feel? For many people, it has strong associations with nature and immediately brings to mind the lush green of grass, trees, and forests. Perhaps because green is so heavily associated with nature, it is often described as a refreshing and tranquil color.

"Green, which is Nature's colour, is restful, soothing, cheerful, and health-giving." —Paul Brunton  Source 

"Green" is mother nature's definition of resilience. My wife's favourite colour was green. I was delighted to find this small green lake the other day in Jasper. Of course, I had to lie down on the ground and watch it for a while. Nothing happened on the lake, but something did happen to me. I felt invigorated after "grounding" myself here.

923e775426fe41f8e3476afce5bec76f-huge-_m

Have you thought about how you could try a little "colour therapy" to yourself?

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 4, 2020 12:02 am

2ed8bd05aba04994a3babc6dad6960fb-huge-de

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 4, 2020 12:39 am

24a1944bf392e43d1b729a62d6a0d2b7-huge-de

Sometimes, life drags us down to the point where we feel like we are in a million pieces. A resilient person brings out the colours of others, and makes art with the pieces, and then reaps what they sow.

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 4, 2020 8:38 am

I think I accidentally posted the same picture twice. 😀

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 5, 2020 3:16 pm

4c1e92066ad3a33cbae677e218ccf8e9-huge-pa

Resilience is the intentional awakening of ambitions that will take their exercise in doing something that is beneficial to ourselves, and helpful to others.

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 19, 2020 5:08 am

4d3c82d12231ec311b8b5d3a96982366-huge-re

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 22, 2020 3:47 am

7f774de5f47771ea051f2077a2e9a8fe-huge-wa

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 22, 2020 1:24 pm

844793c46787dea7700720130303404e-huge-re

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 26, 2020 12:28 am

99d13537c95e93deb5977aeefad941a8-huge-im

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 26, 2020 12:29 am

268640d491e093272e0eb0ebf1ef040f-huge-dr

This is a pregnant mare that I spotted in the mountains - one of the wild horses. If you look at her nose, you can see snow collecting there. I have often thought that this was/is a true picture of resilience. After all, how many of us could give birth to a baby in that kind of weather, or environment? Resilience is born of our necessity, and carried forward and upward on wings of faith.

Posted by Trillium on Oct 26, 2020 11:04 am

CentralAB‍  - beautiful photos, quotes and examples of resilience! I often wonder how those tiny little birds make it through the cold winter.

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Trillium‍ Thank you! I appreciate hearing that you are inspired by this topic. The Cedar Wax Wing Bird above actually does quite well over the winter season. I have seen them get very drunk from eating fermented crab apples, berries etc. 😀

Trillium:
CentralAB‍  - beautiful photos, quotes and examples of resilience! I often wonder how those tiny little birds make it through the cold winter.

Posted by Trillium on Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

CentralAB‍ - apparently wasps and bees get drunk on rotten fruit which is why they are so slow and land on you in the Fall. 

My first time seeing Cedar Wax Wings was in a dog berry tree in a front yard. It was a whole flock. Wow, just beautiful. Have not seen that since.

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 27, 2020 1:54 am

c70938685d7fda00ccf742372becf5bb-huge-ne

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
- Mother Theresa

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am

Thank you, CentralAB‍ For your inspiration. It has been so appreciated these past few months.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying