Good Memories

Good Memories

Posted by SpeedyStill on Jun 10, 2020 9:16 am

Don't under estimate the value of good memories.
POW's Prisoners of War used memories and there imagination to survive through the cruelest punishment.
One prisoner was a golfer and each day would visualize playing a round of golf. He imagied standing with his ball on the tee taking his swing and seeing the ball land on the fairway saying to himself what a great shot. He would continue this until he completed his round of golf.
A piano player imaged that the was playing his grand piano and hearing every note. He would do this every day and  even compose new material.
Everyone knows John McCain and his story of survival. 
The movie "Unbroken" bsed on a true story. You can see how the will can survive.
I am not broken I am proud to say that my will is strong and I am "Unbroken" no matter what comes my way.
Stay strong and concentrate on the goodness in life past, present and into the future.
Speedystill 

Re: Good Memories

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am

SpeedyStill‍  You are absolutely right! When all is right in the world,  we do not need to rely on memories because we are happy to live in the moment.  When we struggle with loss of health, loved ones, relationships or pets, we tend to live with regrets. We think If Only...

Memories are a blessing.  It is up to us to use them in the best way possible.  I no longer focus on the day I lost my mom. I think of camping trips, picnics, doing touristy things,  and laughing at my mom asking my dog Rusty if he wanted a piece of toast by saying  Toasty, do you want a piece of rust?

Remembering laughter,  joy, gatherings,  times of sharing,  brings great comfort to me. When I have a sad memory,  I search my mind for 2 great memories. Acknowledge the sadness but celebrate the joy.

Thanks speedystill for reminding me to be grateful for memories. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Re: Good Memories

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Jun 11, 2020 10:48 am

SpeedyStill‍ , I read Unbroken just recently. I can’t imagine I would make it through the movie! What a story!
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying