Another dip in the road

Re: Another dip in the road

Posted by law on Jul 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Runner Girl and Cynthia Mac

O my gracious Runner Girl, you are in the midst of a roller coaster all right...and you are such a champ in my book. Surviving work and dealing with the stress of avoiding a layoff, your fiance or former fiance or who knows what is in his head--- keep the mortgage appointment and buy your favorite townhouse. A very wise investment financially and emotionally. You can live a new and healthy chapter in your life and now you even have a lawn mower to use or sell as the case may be!
Your strength motivates me as my life after cancer is peanuts compared to you and most all of the members of this wonderful group.
Perhaps you have also motivated CynthiaMac and others to mow for exercise. It can be very meditative, especially with headphones and music.
Increasing health and motivation to all of us,
law

Posted by Runner Girl on Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am

Well everyone, the deal is done.

Yesterday I went to the lawyers and signed all the papers to purchase my townhouse, handed over the bank draft and it's all done.  I get possession on Tuesday, Aug 20 at 9 am.  I will move over my plants, breakables, clothes, etc. and then on Thursday have movers scheduled to do the remainder.  I have done a considerable amount of downsizing and donating - yes Cynthia Mac‍ , you can smile at that!  I will take all that I have left and see where it fits into my new life.  There may yet be more purging done.  My splurge was a new couch, while I had offers from friends of their old basement couches I decided I wanted a new one for my new place and my new life.  It will be delivered on the Saturday after I get moved.  

I'm finding myself extremely emotional, not sure if it's from my last Herceptin treatment, or just the situation as a whole.  I look forward to next Friday when I can finally breathe - in my own home.

Runner Girl - Gayle

Posted by Brighty on Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am

Runner Girl‍  yaaaaay!!!!!I'm so excited  for you! !!!!!!!it's only natural  you would be emotional.   It's the beginning  of a brand new chapter in your life!!!!!!!!.   But change is always hard even if it's a good change.     This is definitely  a good change!!!!!! I wish you and the kitties all the best in your new home and the kitties can have their birthday  party in the new home now!!!!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Aug 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Runner Girl‍ 

This is a big deal! It's okay to be emotional, even extremely emotional. You're starting a new chapter it's exciting and scary all wrapped up into one. I'm so glad you got yourself a new couch to enjoy! You deserve it! 

Before you know it you will be snuggling your kitties on your new couch in your new home.

Hugs,

Lacey

Posted by SpeedyStill on Aug 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Runner Girl‍ 
Congradulations!!!  
This change is a chance to put old memories behind you and create your own new memories. What a great feeling to have your own place and very important to add new things in your life. The new couch is a great idea. If you are like me I spend a lot of time on the couch. And to be able to cuddle with your pets is heavenly. I spent a lot of time over the years cuddled up with my dogs on the couch.
You are well on your way to making a completely new life for yourself.
Wish you all the best
SpeedyStill 

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Aug 17, 2019 7:55 am

I’m so happy for you, Runner Girl‍ !  I guarantee you that not all of the emotion is coming from your Herceptin. When I sold my house in 2008, I cried at least once a day for the two weeks. I’d lived there 22 years or so, and had loved and lost much in that home, from pets to a husband. I had made my “new life” in that home, as well, which made it all the harder to leave, even though I was leaving to make another “new start”. You’ve had a lot of upheaval and made memories in your current home, too, so there’s bound to be emotion, despite all the goodness to come in your new home.

A new sofa is a most appropriate splurge. Our bedroom is our sanctuary, and our living room is our “comfort zone,” so I’m glad you have created a nice, new space of comfort in your new abode.

Congratulations.

Purge on with confidence and hope! 😉

Posted by Treepeo on Aug 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi Runner Girl‍,

I am so happy for you! 

I can understand you being emotional.    Buying a new home and moving in is a huge deal, and even though it is the beginning of a fresh start, it is stressful, too.  But I have so much faith in you, Runner Girl‍ .  I think you are going to be fine . . . no, you will be GREAT!!!  You know, once the movers have come and gone, you can breathe a sigh of relief and start to relax.  Just do what you absolutely have to do, and you can organize the rest at your own pace.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

Posted by Essjay on Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

Just wanted to wish you well with your move Runner Girl‍ Which I seem to remember is any day. 

Essjay xx

Posted by luvcurling on Aug 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Runner Girl‍ 

Just wanted to say good luck with your move today. You're an inspiration to all of us. Hope you and your kitties settle in quickly.

💃Here's to new beginnings!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm

I'm joining in! Good luck Runner Girl‍ 😊

Posted by Runner Girl on Aug 23, 2019 3:17 pm

The move was successful!  And I now have tv and WiFi.  The kitties have their very own cat room and they seem to love it.  We are mostly unpacked and put away.   The couch comes tomorrow.   Thank you all for the well wishes and thinking of me.

Posted by LPPK on Aug 24, 2019 8:19 am

Wonderful Runner Girl‍   Now you have a home that you and your kitties can enjoy. Have fun decorating it and surrounding yourself with things you love.