moving forward

moving forward

Posted by LPPK on Mar 15, 2019 10:57 am

ea0e5fe20d748a3707c5f8839af9341a-huge-fo

Re: moving forward

Posted by cancertakesflight on Mar 16, 2019 7:12 am

LPPK‍ this is a great reminder. Sometimes it's safer to go slow and steady. This is also so applicable to Brighty‍ on her post about attending weddings. 

Sometimes what we consider a failure is really a success because of taking baby steps. We are our own worst critics

Debbie (cancertakesflight)

Posted by ZeroGravity60 on Mar 19, 2019 6:17 am

LPPK‍ Sweet! Forward is forward. Every day we are influenced by so many conscious and subconscious forces guiding us down our own individual path, at our own individual speed. We will arrive and  fulfill our destiny not a second early, or a minute late. During the ride the one thing we do have control over is our attitude. Everyday we try, we make progress on so many levels. We move forward, no matter how slow. If we got to where we're going early, we would miss out on all the beauty of this present day.  Thanks for the post. Peace
Robert - ZeroGravity60 

Posted by Essjay on Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

I had a great reminder about the need to pace myself today...

I had round 7 chemo last Wednesday and am over the worse days. An issue came up at work, and my boss asked my advice in advance of a meeting. I felt it would be better to join the meeting, which I did by video. A 1.5 hour meeting, a good discussion and I enjoyed making a helpful contribution again. But I was totally wiped out after it, flagging in the last third of the meeting. I slept for 2 hours after. 

It it was a sober reminder of how much chemo has taken out of me, and how far I have to go to get back to fitness for work!

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Essjay‍ 
Congrats on completing round 7. I am glad you enjoyed getting in the mix of the meeting today. I am sure no one but you noticed your fatigue and no one has to be the wiser that you slept for  2 hours after. Chemo can for sure be relentless where our energy is concerned but listening to our bodies and resting when needed is a great plan.

Hope you are feeling a little more energy today

Lianne

Posted by Kims1961 on Mar 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Essjay‍   Wow....round 7 - so excited for you - just one more.  I jokingly told my dentist that after chemo...I can handle anything!  It teaches us many things and among it, is how strong we can be even when we feel weak.

Hope each day improves and can't wait to hear you ring that virtual bell!  kim

Posted by Kay.C on Mar 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Essjay‍ 
Congrats on round 7!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, rest when you need to.
On a positive note, I think it says a lot about your boss that she values your opinion and wants to keep you involved even if you can't be there physically. 
My boss thought cancer was an inconvenience. When one is able to contribute even in the smallest capacity, makes one feel like cancer hasn't taken everything away.
Good luck and I hope you regain your energy soon.
KayC

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Mar 29, 2019 8:19 am

Essjay‍ Good for you for stepping out to learn where the edge of your stamina is at this point!

Kay.C‍ It would be interesting to know if your boss was close to anyone who had had cancer. So often, when people see, up close, how cancer affects the person, it changes their opinion.

It changed mine - not from the standpoint that I had previously thought it to be a mere inconvenience, rather from the standpoint that I learned how treatments have changed to the point where it’s possible for people to manage the disease and their treatments. And how diagnostics have made it possible for us to catch it earlier than before, in many cases.