Song For The Day

Song For The Day

Posted by WesT on Mar 13, 2019 9:17 am

A couple of weeks ago the band Tedeschi Trucks Band, a blues rock band (think Bonnie Raitt meets the Allman Brothers Band), released their newest album, Signs.  Great album!

There is one song in particular that lyrically hits a spot for me called "Still Your Mind".  My interpretation of the song is that one partner in a relationship (whatever that relationship is) is having issues coping in one form or another.  The other partner in that relationship is trying to support this struggling person..... (again, my interpretation...).

Like I said it hits a spot with me emotionally and I would like to share it with those that are struggling emotionally with your situation, whatever it may be....  Hopefully you find it uplifting in a supportive way and you have someone that helps you in your time of emotional need.

"Still Your Mind"

Some days are grey for us all
Don't wanna live or stay here for long
I say ain't it good to know
That you're not alone
So many people feel that low
But I'll help you grow

Still your mind and breathe
Close your eyes and see
Fill your hands and drink with me
Be here now
Lay your troubles down

Before the growth the leaves have to fall
And I'll lift you up so you can tear down the wall
Don't let the darkness of the world enter your soul
You know the light of your smile is what makes me whole

Still your mind and breathe
Close your eyes and see
Fill your hands and drink with me
Be here now
Breathe

Re: Song For The Day

Posted by Bonbo on Mar 13, 2019 11:04 am

WesT,  This band is one of my favs, love the new album. Made Up Mind kept me company during treatment. 
Bonbo

Posted by WesT on Mar 13, 2019 11:21 am

Bonbo‍ yes they are a band I really like as well.  Susan's voice has that edge and depth to it and Derek's guitar.....  That man is the best slide player on the planet, in my opinion.

I saw them at Massey Hall in 2013.  They played or are playing at the Budweiser Stage but I despise that venue so much I won't even go see my favorite bands there anymore.  Too bad! 

Have you seen the Tiny Desk performance they did a couple of years ago?  If not, look it up!

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks for sharing WesT‍ 
I totally see your interpretation.
Was fortunate to see them a few years ago at the Vogue in Vancouver. Introduced a friend to them that night too. Stellar night of music.
You'll appreciate this - I had to go down 3 or 4 rows to ask a couple to stop talking or take it outside - got a round of applause and some high fives from the surrounding crowd :)  ( and yes they stopped)

Lianne

Oh and the Tiny Desk concerts are so great for all kinds of artists

Posted by WesT on Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Lianne_adminCCS‍ you big meanie, telling people at a music event to be quiet......😁

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Mar 14, 2019 12:52 pm

WesT‍ 

Thanks a bunch for sharing.... My second read over of your post the words
"Be here now
 Breathe"

Really stood out to me. An important reminder for anyone going through tough times.

Lacey