Friends who really don’t visit.....

Re: Friends who really don’t visit.....

Posted by ZeroGravity60 on Mar 13, 2019 1:45 am

As thecatsmeow‍ pointed out, sometimes we just have to let go. Now, if I reach out to a friend who’s always busy, and that’s all I ever hear, I actually say to her, “I’ll let you go.” Over time, I do. If she’s truly that busy, she won’t notice I’ve gone, and this frees me up to stay in touch with people who wish to spend the time with me.

Cynthia Mac - What beautiful energy and wonderful wisdom you posses - or - does it posses you? 🙂

Posted by caroontario on Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am

I'm so glad I stopped by to read your post and the replies. Same here there ours is not a big family but they seem scared to ask " how are you ". Even the kids seem to be texting more than calling.
Thank you and take care ! 

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Mar 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Aw, thank you so much, ZeroGravity60‍ ! I credit two sources for that tidbit of wisdom: Julia Cameron and Louise Hay.

Louise Hay talks about keeping a circle of people around you who love and nourish you.

Julia Cameron, in her book The Artist’s Way, “gave me permission” to let go of people who put me down or otherwise don’t see (or won’t see) my worth. That book also “gave me permission” to stand confidently in the gifts of creativity that mean so much to me, and axe any detractors of those gifts from my circle.

Share with your friends: