Let's discuss the holidays

Let's discuss the holidays

Posted by Nicole_admin on Nov 18, 2014 3:12 pm

As we begin to hear carols being played throughout the stores, and notice festive decorations going up in the homes of our families and friends, we are reminded that the holiday season is upon us. Although it can be a very difficult time for some of us, we can often find things to look forward to during the holidays. 

What are you looking forward to most this holiday season? Let's discuss...

fa619934833895d7a05203f031ce4435-huge-ho

Re: Let's discuss the holidays

Posted by Wanderful on Nov 19, 2014 5:35 am

The Christmas season usually makes me sad. I miss my kids, although I hope I will see one of them. If my chemo schedule holds, I will be having chemo Christmas Eve, that means I will have the infusion bag on for Christmas Day. 
I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my sisters and my mom. There will be lots of activity Christmas Day at my sisters house.  I'm looking forward to the possibility of a chemo holiday in the new year. 

Wanderful

Posted by Windancer on Nov 25, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm kind of ambivelant towards the holidays, there have been many tough times around the holiday season but I enjoy it fo the most part. I lost my father a week before Christmas, needless to say Christmas 2004 was not a good time. But when it comes right down to it both Thanksgiving and Christmas mean a lot to me. The biggest thing for me is that 5 years ago after being told I had a week to live, I am still here to enjoy my time, which is why in another thread I mentioned that I always look forward and not back.

I guess what I am saying is make the best of it, no matter what you do.

Terry
"Never Give Up, Go Around, Go Over, Go Through but Never Ever Give Up".

Posted by Nicole_admin on Dec 2, 2014 10:07 am

Thank you Windancer and Wanderful for sharing, as you both mention it can be a very difficult time (especially having lost loved ones) however I find it's usually the small things that can bring us some happiness at this time of the year. 

What sorts of other things are members looking forward to this holiday season? Do you have a favourite tradition you look forward to, or a favourite song you like to hear come on the radio?  

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Nov 25, 2016 3:16 pm

The holidays have definitley been on my mind. Anyone else?

This will be my family's first christmas without my dad. It's going to be a hard one,but I take comfort in knowing how much joy my dad got watching the grandkids open their gifts and play together. Family was so important to him, so I know he will be smiling down on us when we are all together. I look forward to doing something special with the kids to honour Papa heart.

What are you looking forward to this holiday season?

Lacey

Posted by timSgal on Nov 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I know what it's like that first Christmas without my Dad.  It has been 31 years since that Christmas, but I still think of Christmas as a very special time as Dad loved Christmas and family.   He died five days after Christmas.  He hung on long enough to keep that day special!!  My parents had a cottage around Fairmont, BC where I always dreamed of having a Christmas with them at that cottage in the miuntsins.  Never happened!!  But this year?!   It is going to happen, but with a bit of a change and much happiness!!  My husband and I and our oldest son will be joining our youngest son, his new wife and her family in Fairmont for the Christmas holidays!!!   What a glorious time it will be for the nine of us!!  And I know Mom and Dad will definitely be with us, hovering in spirit.   A dream comes true!!  Don't ever give up on your dreams!!  May everyone in this special family connected by cancer have a glorious and blessed Christmas!!  Hugs to you all, Tim5gal
Tim5gal

Posted by Kolombe on Dec 4, 2016 6:29 pm

Happy birthday to everyone !