Waiting for results

Waiting for results

Posted by Tilly59 on Jun 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Hello:

I had ct scan on Wednesday because I had experienced two episodes of bleeding.  I was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer in December 2017.  They operated on me in January 2018, doing a full hysterectomy and removing part of a lymph node and the omentum.  I had previously 2 ct scans of my bowels and found nothing bad.  I have come to realize my bowel problems were due to  radiation.  

My concern/upset is the length of time it takes to get the results.  My sister said that if anything was found I would have heard from the hospital by now.  I understand her thinking, but I feel it is just as important to get  the results, if there was nothing negative found.  You would want to alleviate the patient's worry.  I have had only a little bleeding, but my understanding is that it usually happens within 6 months of a hysterectomy.

I don't know if anyone has had a similar experience.  Take care.

Re: Waiting for results

Posted by Brighty on Jun 12, 2020 2:02 pm

I would give them a call Tilly59‍ .    You need to know what's going on either way.    
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Re: Waiting for results

Posted by Jlo on Jun 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi Tilly:

I am also a Stage 4 Uterine cancer survivor and recently had a CT scan as part of my checkup.I know how hard it is waiting for results and feel for you.  The technicians let me know that my doctor would have my results in a week.  I would wait the week and then follow up.  I think your sister is correct as in the past if something was wrong the system is generally  right on it.  
Let's think positive that your CT was A-OK.  Best wishes  Joan