Endometrial Cancer stage 1B

Endometrial Cancer stage 1B

Posted by Biancang on Feb 4, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi, My mother was diagnosed with grade 3 Squamous carcinoma Endometrial cancer in Oct 2018 and had her hysterectomy in Dec 2018. She just started her radiation last week with 2 Cisplatin chemo sessions every 21 days. Once she is done, she will move onto 4 rounds of Carbo&Taxol chemo therapy all to prevent it from coming back. However, on her initial CT scan, they found an enlarged lymph node near the lung. And upon further biopsy, it's been confirmed that it's carcinoma cancer. We have not found out if the endometrial Cancer have spread or if this is a separate form of lung cancer but I've been told it is better news if it was the latter. I wanted to see if anyone is on the same boat and have gone through similar cases. I am trying to get more insight before I break this news to my Mom. I was the one who has access to her portal and found out today. I don't know how to tell me mom about this as she is already devastated with what's been happening the last few months. Any help is appreciated. ThaNks, Bianca

Re: Endometrial Cancer stage 1B

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Feb 5, 2019 9:22 am

Hi, Biancang‍ , welcome to Cancer Connection, although I am very sorry to hear of the circumstances which bring you here.

I see that ashcon‍ replied to your other post with some good suggestions. I was my Dad’s caregiver when he was having treatment for lung cancer last year. I will be his caregiver for the rest of his life, really, because I go with him to all his followup appointments and help organize his finances and household services.

In Dad’s case, all of his knowledge came from his doctors and I learned it at the same time he learned it. I’m not sure how I would manage having knowledge in advance of a medical appointment, and I really feel for you, finding out in that way. That must have been hard for you.

Hopefully, I can help from the caregiver perspective. In the months ahead, it will be important for you to care for yourself the best you can - getting enough rest, trying to stay “in the moment,” and maintaining at least some of your normal recreational activities, whether it’s reading or gardening - whatever helps you recharge your batteries. 

This site is here for you to vent, seek information, and otherwise share our and our loved ones’ journeys through cancer. Join in at any time.

Posted by Biancang on Feb 5, 2019 10:37 am

Hi Cynthia Mac‍ , Thank you so much for your motivating words. My mother will see the doctor today after her radiation appt and I have yet to tell her about the doctors visit. It's a last minute appt and I think once she finds out, she will make out that it is not good news. It's been tough the past 24 hrs. I was at work and been trying to hold it together. My parents are currently staying with me and seeing them chatting and laughing last night is breaking me inside knowing what's to come ahead. I am still processing this information and hopefully the doctor will be gentle when breaking the news to my mom. I am trying Not to jump to conclusion so I can comfort my mom later. I have been successful staying positive during this process however, I am having a hard time with this latest news. Fingers crossed!

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Feb 6, 2019 8:51 am

Biancang‍ ,  I’m sorry for your heartache, to be sure. The one good thing about you having this knowledge in advance of the doctor’s appointment is that you are prepared, and have had a chance to think of some questions to ask the doctors. When someone give me sudden, alarming news, I often get a rushing in my ears, and need about 15 minutes to be able to think straight again! 

Let us know how your Mom’s appointment goes today.