Lentigo Malignant Melanoma

Lentigo Malignant Melanoma

Posted by Kaylee on Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am

Hi my name is Peggy.  I was diagnosed with Lentigo Malignant Melanoma on July 29th on my cheek.  I have had 2 operations to remove all the cancer cells and am now needing a 3rd to remove melanoma institu cells.  The surgeons are planning on doing a flap surgery.  I am also meeting with an oncologist on Oct. 9th to discuss my case and see if immunotherapy is the route I should take.  I am wondering if there s anyone who has gone through or is going through a similar circumstance and if you may have more information than I have.  I have been diagnosed as Stage II as the 2 lymph nodes they removed were clear.  Look forward to garnering more information.

Re: Lentigo Malignant Melanoma

Posted by Lianne_Moderator on Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Welcome to the community Kaylee‍ . I am glad you reached out here and introduced yourself. You have had quite a whirlwind in 6 weeks haven't you. Happy that things have moved along quickly for you.

Do you have a date for surgery #3 yet? 

I am going to moved your post to the melanoma forum so more like people will see it. 

Lianne

Posted by Kaylee on Sep 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Thank you.  I see my surgeon tomorrow and suspect I will have an appointment with a plastic surgeon before I get a surgery date.

Posted by Melanoma on Sep 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Kaylee‍  Stay strong ...... I am living with stage 4 melanoma 

Posted by Melanoma on Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm

The Melanoma Network of Canada is a good resource for information 
I hope this helps .

Posted by Kaylee on Sep 16, 2020 9:17 pm

I have had a quick look at the Melanoma Canada Network.  Thank you for telling me about it.

Posted by Kaylee on Sep 18, 2020 3:13 pm

I am being sent to Vancouver for MOHS surgery to remove the rest of the melanoma in situ.  My melanoma is flesh colored so this is the only way to get it all.  Will hear sometime in next few months when it will be scheduled.  I have a video conference scheduled on Oct. 9th with the Kelowna Cancer clinic to discuss if they think I should be doing anything further ie. immunotherapy.

Posted by Kaylee on Sep 18, 2020 3:27 pm

I am so sorry to hear that.  What kind of treatment are you receiving.