Mohs for possible recurrent/new bcc on cheek

Mohs for possible recurrent/new bcc on cheek

Posted by mom24boys on Feb 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi all, 
I had a micronodular BCC excised from my left face just over a year and a half ago (I think - not great with timelines!).  I have a new area, not just one spot, on my left cheek that is suspicious.  My family doctor does not want to excise them as he cannot be certain of the margins (the last excision he did left positive deep margins which were clear after a re-excision) and so is sending me for Mohs in downtown Vancouver.  I know this is my best shot at completely getting it all, but I also have a suspicious, constantly peeling area on my lower lip, a scar like (with no previous injury) on my left chin....  We do not know if these newer areas are BCC, SCC or ???
Anyways, has anyone had experience with the Mohs surgeon in Vancouve?.  Or even with Mohs in general?  I am a little nervous about how much they will need to remove and possibly reconstruct as the area extends from the original excision just in the crease below and to the left of my nose up to just below the outside corner of my left eye.  There are multiple odd lesions and such in this area that are definitely not on my right cheek!

Re: Mohs for possible recurrent/new bcc on cheek

Posted by amsincla on Jan 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi, I had Mohs 5 years ago for a BCC on the side of my nose. The BCC was about the size of a pencil eraser and I have a very thin scar now that's about 1.25" long. Most people don't notice it at all, although it's all that I see. Silicone gel helped a lot with the scarring.

Hope your surgery goes well. If they ask if you want to see the wound before they close it up, SAY NO. It's awful looking.

Re: Mohs for possible recurrent/new bcc on cheek

Posted by Ric23 on Mar 4, 2019 10:52 am

mom24boys:
Anyways, has anyone had experience with the Mohs surgeon in Vancouve?.  Or even with Mohs in general?  I am a little nervous about how much they will need to remove and possibly reconstruct as the area extends from the original excision just in the crease below and to the left of my nose up to just below the outside corner of my left eye.  There are multiple odd lesions and such in this area that are definitely not on my right cheek!

Had Mohs done .The cancer will determine how much is needed to be removed,so you're kind'a stuck.No choices here.Just hope they get it all the first time.

Ric

Share with your friends: