+ Reply
And the verdict is....
Roy L.
396 Posts
After 36 days in 2 hospitals, 23 days after major radiation to spine, pelvis and hip, after untold amounts of pain meds, there is a verdict on what's next...12 more weeks of winter!!

Oh wait that's not it. Actually there will be no more radiation for at least 2 months, 3 months after original round. CT scan yesterday shows no new or missed spots on my hip so they can't do it again for 3 months total. Not what I wanted but what I expected.

So what's next? How do I get home? Well since Batman won't answer my calls I have to leave it up to my new favorite Dr. To get my pain in a place where I can go home. Right now, we are not there yet. Mobility has increased with the use of a walker and short distances like going to the bathroom are getting better. Longer distances are wheelchair only. My place is not suited for a wheelchair but will need one to leave the house.

I physically feel better, except for this humongous pain in my hip when I try to stand up or walk. Spine and pelvis pain gone, have an appetite again for the first time in months and I am mentally in a much better place than a month ago.

Life is about rolling with the punches and coming out better, I never thought I would be in a place talking about walkers and wheelchairs, but here I am. Cancer is such a sneaky ^=€÷*$($*$&#&#*$&$&#£$&$;$;.

I hope everyone is doing well, can't wait to be back more. Feels like I have been saying that forever, 36 days to be exact.

And after all that have to meet with my medical oncologist about changing my PCa treatment from ADT to either chemo or radium 223.

Time to stop rolling and start punching back.

Roy

#peacelovecure
7 Replies
Boby1511
734 Posts

@Roy L.

hope they get you comfortable and home soon.

hugs

@Roy L. hope they get you comfy and home soon!

Bluenoser13
57 Posts

You’ve got this @Roy L. keep fighting the good fight and you will be home before you know it.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

supersu
577 Posts

@Roy L.

thank you for the update, Roy.

you sharing your story in such a generous and transparent fashion is exactly what this community is all about.

we are all cheering you on from the cancer connections sidelines and are sending our best & strongest good vibes for your continued improvement so that you can get home again.

hugs
su

#cancerconnectioncommunity #weareyourvirtualfamily

Mintus
5 Posts
Punching back is not giving up and not giving back is the only thing one can do.
This cancer is sneaky and no fun, so as soon as it sees a weakness dinner bells start to ring and PSA numbers rise etc.
You have the mind and spirit in droves, the body needs to be moved and if anyone can make the saying "mind over body" it is you.
Keep up and stand up to Cancer is my new motto.
Cheers;
Brian
Mtlcity1969
44 Posts

Wow. You are inspiring. To be going through so much but still positive, thank you. I hope you are pain free & home very soon. 💗

Gol4dy7gY
2 Posts

I TOO LIVE IN N.S, Diagnosed pc in 2007 . RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY AND LATER 33 SERIES. PSA WAS USUALLY DETECTABLE BUT NUMBERS WERE LOW TILL LATE 2020 . MOVED TO PELVIS AND HIP IN 2021 . GETTING LUPRON TREATMENT AS WELL AS A BUCNCH OF STUFF TO STRENGTHEN BONES . I GUESS MY CONCERN IS WHAT IS THE TYPICAL COURSE OF THE CANCER WITH THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT IF THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A TYPICAL COURSE . A FRIEND OF MIND WENT THROUGH A SIMILIAR SITUATION AND NOW NO PAIN BUT DOESN'T SPEAK . I WONDER IF IN HIS BRAIN?DO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS? I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON LUPRON FOR 3 MONTHS OR SO. NO PAIN OF ANY KIND .

+ Reply