+ Reply
Off the ledge for now....part 1
Roy L.
334 Posts

Good Monday Morning,

This is going to be a bit of a long one and I have lost it 3 times so going to do it in parts.

I had my 3 month Oncologist visit today, had a preview on Thursday when she called to tell me I need an x-ray on my shoulder as the bone scan was difficult to read. I asked how my PSA was and it went from 1.0 to 2.7, I was always told a doubling between tests was bad. She said she would explain today and she did, but I was on the ledge.

I will try to explain as best I can in hopes of giving some important info to the guys and their loved ones, this was new info to me.

So lets say at 50 you get a PSA test done and it comes back at 3.5. The following year the test comes back at 4.5, at that point either the Dr, or a Urologist should go a DRE (finger test) and if anything found a biopsy and further tests. But if it comes back like mine did at 442, you get the full meal deal right away. The PSA is like a check engine light, when it comes on or in this case goes up, its time for a check up. A PSA going up is a sign of things happening and what they don't want to happen is for things to become Metastatic, like it did for me.

Also if you have had surgery or radiation or other treatments they keep an eye on it so again it doesn't become Metastatic. With me so far?

continued….

Replies
+ Reply