Prostate Cancer Treatment Options

Re: Prostate Cancer Treatment Options

Posted by Jackwb on May 13, 2019 4:44 pm

WesT:
Jackwb‍ wasn't that the festival that the Stones were suppose to play?  

The Stones were supposed to play at Burl's Creek closer to Oro Station. Jerry and the Atrics were opening. For Edenvale I'm looking at the 4 day VIP package, a bargain at $7500/pp plus parking and camping fees...just kidding.

My town has arranged for a shuttle bus service so I can do it one day at a time and not bring the trailer, see how long I can hold out.

I too am not into festivals any more (although the Midland butter tart festival is on the agenda for June) but they have some good music at this one, it's Peter Frampton's good bye tour as he's been diagnosed with some muscular/nerve disease. Still kicking myself for missing the Allman Brothers in Daytona a couple of years ago...Gregg Allman died of liver cancer shortly after.

A good thing about living up here, there's always a lot of good music going on. Seems like all of the top Canadian bands from the 60's and 70's retired up here. Mike Mckenna reunited Mainline (sans Joe) for one concert last year, played Stink note for note. Jeez, I felt 19 again.

Posted by WesT on May 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Jackwb‍ Butter Tart Festival???!?!?!??!?!?!  Got my attention!

Yeah that sounds like a great weekend.  Frampton would be great to see on his own.  Saw him with Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour but that was all Bowie songs except one Frampton if I remember correctly.  I wouldn't mind seeing Aerosmith again or Alice Cooper but......  Give me a good assigned seat in an intimate venue, that is me these days.

Have fun!

Posted by Cynthia Mac on May 14, 2019 9:16 am

Oh, yes, WesT‍ - a butter tart festival! There are now two in Ontario, but Midland did it first, and very well! One of my cousins has won an award there!

Have you got tickets for ELO at Scotiabank centre in July? I DO!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED! Dhani Harrison is going to be playing with them. 

Posted by WesT on May 14, 2019 9:25 am

Cynthia Mac‍ I love butter tarts.  There is a woman in the Belleville area that makes great tarts. We used to get them at Mike's Restaurant on Marysville Road when we were racing at Shannonville.  Actually I will be in Stirling the next two weekends, maybe i can track them down.

Unfortunately not going to see ELO.....  It will take one of only a few bands and great seats to get me into either the ACC or Molson Amphitheater (I hate the constant name changes of venues so I will call them by their original names).  There are a number of bands playing at Ontario Place this summer I would go and see, but not there.

Posted by Cynthia Mac on May 14, 2019 11:11 am

Oh, pity about ELO - Jeff Lynne is a superb singer/songwriter, in my book! He had a fairly large influence in George Harrison's solo album. You can really hear that in his song "When I was a boy".

Other great butter tart venues: In Orillia, Wilkie's bakery makes some great ones, and in Barrie, there's a shop called The Sweet Oven, which is just opening a location in Orillia, too - butter tarts is ALL they do, and their store hours end "when the day's goods are gone."

Sorry -- I just saw the subject! - I didn't mean to hijack this thread! I'll step out now.

Posted by Jackwb on May 14, 2019 12:29 pm

WesT:

I hope your friend makes out well with his appointment today!

He's in shock, but I guess we've all been there. Yesterday he was told that he has a very aggressive form of prostate cancer but that it hasn't spread. He's scheduled to start radiation in July after another MRI and scan but is concerned after being told of the side effects, especially on his colon and the other thingy. One good thing is that he'll be able to stay in London for treatment and bring his wife. The Marriott offers rooms at $25/day including cafeteria type meals for those who are at the hospital for treatment. 

Posted by Jackwb on May 14, 2019 12:36 pm

WesT:
Cynthia Mac‍ I love butter tarts.  

Our deputy mayor is a baker specializing in butter tarts and consistently places in the top three at Midland. We always take a few boxes down to Florida...Americans do not know butter tarts and now our neighbours in the condo are hooked.

Don's Bakery in Bala make an outstanding butter tart as well.

Posted by WesT on May 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Jackwb‍ Sort of good news for your friend.  At least his wife can go with him.  Will she need to be "supervised" while he is being treated or is she good for the couple of hours?‍ 

Cynthia Mac‍ funny we were listening to the Traveling Wilburys on Sunday in the car.  Jeff Lynne is all over that.....  And George Harrison....

Posted by Jackwb on May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

WesT:
Jackwb‍ Sort of good news for your friend.  At least his wife can go with him.  Will she need to be "supervised" while he is being treated or is she good for the couple of hours?‍ 

She should be OK..she's not restless or sneaky yet, just sits around. Sadly, she can longer do anything for herself, not even bathe or go to the bathroom without help. It's a family thing, both her mother and brother were diagnosed with Alzheimer's's at a fairly early age.