Follow up PSA results after prostatectomy

Follow up PSA results after prostatectomy

Posted by Gogs on Feb 8, 2019 5:51 pm

I'm thinking of everybody at this time. Here's me in the car, outside the LAB getting ready for my fifth PSA blood test since my prostatectomy 21-months ago. I was hoping to take a picture inside the LAB, however no-photos allowed. As you may know, the need for follow-up testing is to help ensure no prostate cancer cells survived and escaped treatment. Less than 7 hours after taking a vial of my blood, the results are in: <0.008 ng/ml, or in other words UNDETECTABLE! It's always nerve-racking waiting for results. I'm thankful I can check the LAB results online — next text in six months. I wish everybody all the best.
Attached files

Re: Follow up PSA results after prostatectomy

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Feb 8, 2019 6:12 pm

What a relief Gogs‍ congratulations!

Always nice to hear from you, 
Lacey

Posted by WesT on Feb 8, 2019 7:05 pm

Great news Gogs‍ !

Wes

Posted by Gogs on Feb 8, 2019 8:08 pm

Thank you Lacey_adminCCS‍, it is a major relief! I can rest easy now for another six months. My wife and I are going on a celebration cruise to Disneyland in May!!

Posted by Gogs on Feb 8, 2019 8:09 pm

Thank you WesT‍, I guess the anxious of waiting for results never goes away. I'm good for a while now.

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Feb 9, 2019 7:38 am

Gogs‍ Great to hear your news! Have a wonderful trip with your wife!

Posted by WesT on Feb 9, 2019 8:24 am

Gogs‍ How is your father doing with his diagnosis?

Posted by MrFido on Feb 9, 2019 11:11 am

2 Gogs

Really pleased to hear about the great results.

I'm in a 3 month cycle of monitoring, a little less than 2 years in, as a patient.

I've learned a lot since being diagnosed, but the anxiety between test results keeps you forever looking over your shoulder for signs that things
are off track.

I join the others in wishing you continued healing with a positive outlook.

I remain 'below' detectable levels in terms of PSA. In addition, a recent oncological test (not covered by OHIP) looked at my entire body for signs of 
cancer cells in my blood stream.
The results were 'below any threshold' indicating that my 'defenses' weren't holding up.
In other words, there are detectable cells, but with a very small footprint.
For how long ?
Don't know, but for now, I can begin to believe that I have a longer term outlook to prepare for.

Disneyland !

Awesome place to go ......

Posted by Charles on Feb 9, 2019 8:39 pm

My motto has always been:

. . . You're as "cured" as your most-recent PSA test.

Congratulations!

.    Charles

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Feb 10, 2019 12:46 am

Gogs‍ Great news! thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy Disneyland cruising!

Lianne

Posted by Gogs on Feb 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Thank you Cynthia Mac‍, my wife and I are looking forward to the cruise. I'll post a picture!

Posted by Gogs on Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi WesT, my dad's in good spirits. He's awaiting the results of his bone and CT scan. Once we have the results, I'll post another update. He doesn't seem too worried, and as a distraction, I bought him a new tablet and showed him how to use Skype. He loves it!

Posted by Gogs on Feb 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Thank you MrFido, my wife loves Disneyland, and I love my wife. Therefore, I love Disneyland! We were in Tokyo Disneyland last year, and it's fantastic. We have never been to Disneyworld, but that's on our list. PS/ The publisher is going to offer free copies of my eBook. I don't know the dates yet, but I can post an update. I want everyone to have a chance for a free copy.

Posted by Gogs on Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Thank you Charles, I agree with you. My doctor uses the term NED, No Evidence of Disease.

Posted by Gogs on Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Thank you Lianne_adminCCS‍, it's a major relief (for now). We are looking forward to the cruise! Will post an update afterwards.